South Yuba Hiker remains found

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I couldn't find the old thread but apparently the missing hiker has been found.

Recap an older gentleman who had been camping with his wife in the town of Washington had hiked a few miles down stream and was never seen again. A search and rescue team was shot at during there search and one was wounded in the hip. The search was more or less called off and to my knowledge the shooter has not been identified. Unfortunately the hikers jaw bone was found miles down stream on Christmas eve at or near Edward's crossing. Who knows what happened but to much of a coincidence I think the shooter had something to do with the hiker going missing.

Nevada County authorities link jawbone to missing Tulare County man | TheUnion.com

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad there is some closure with this but still a lot of mystery at the same time. That area is a little sketchy still..

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Crazy backwoods occurrence for sure!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pot farmers used to shoot at folks on the feather outta garden valley but swat took care of that insanity back in the day-aka early 1980s-John

OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, this guy HAS to be the one who killed the missing(since found)Hiker. I bet he came upon the older gentleman mining and tried to rob him of his gold. I wonder if he refused to give it up or he did and killed him anyway? He was probably still in the area trying to figure out what to do with the body when the rescue party showed up. Once he bought himself a few hrs by shooting the rescue party he kicks the body in the river and took off. According to the article he was believed to live along that very stretch of river but they couldnt find him?? hid out all year and then after a year on the run he runs out of supplies when fall came , got hypothermea and died. Thats my theory anyway! whats yours?

Scary stuff for me as i like to frequent this river. Stay safe. everyone crazys are everywhere
http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article187452598.html

Last edited:

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, I think the coincidences and evidence points that way, hopefully lol. I frequent the area and was there this fall. I know first hand that is is still a little wild up there, almost was in a fight I didn't even see coming. One minute I'm bs'n with a guy who was so drunk wouldn't tell me his name but his buddies did and we were all getting along bs'n having a good time.. I go to leave and say goodbye by name to everyone but the one who wouldn't tell me his name, I called him anonymous jokingly. Next thing hes all in my face and his buddies are holding him back, I'm like DUDE YOU WOULDN'T TELL ME YOUR F'N NAME!! It was after closing at the hotel and he was past gone and it was kinda scary for a minute there I was alone and there were three of them. I made it back to camp but yeah a lil sketch there for a minute.

OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not surprised. Idiots everywhere. saftey in numbers. I bet he wouldnt have tried that **** if you wernt alone, but really thats why i dont go "out" anymore. Idiots everywhere i tell ya EVERYWHERE.

The1rod

Jan 18, 2018
Hudson co
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, this guy HAS to be the one who killed the missing(since found)Hiker. I bet he came upon the older gentleman mining and tried to rob him of his gold. I wonder if he refused to give it up or he did and killed him anyway? He was probably still in the area trying to figure out what to do with the body when the rescue party showed up. Once he bought himself a few hrs by shooting the rescue party he kicks the body in the river and took off. According to the article he was believed to live along that very stretch of river but they couldnt find him?? hid out all year and then after a year on the run he runs out of supplies when fall came , got hypothermea and died. Thats my theory anyway! whats yours?

Scary stuff for me as i like to frequent this river. Stay safe. everyone crazys are everywhere
Remains may be suspect in 2016 shooting near Yuba River | The Sacramento Bee

I just really hope that the "supplies" you mentioned him running out of, weren't the missing man. Could explain why only the jawbone was found.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread