Southampton

Peerless67

Jul 26, 2007
ENGLAND & CALIFORNIA
Detector(s) used
Eyes, ears and common sense

SteveS

Apr 29, 2007
I had met a guy while working in the Bahamas who's sailboat wrecked on a reef at night back in the 80's. They got off in their inflatable, and got rescued by a well know dive liveaboard vessel the next day. That day, with help from the dive charter boat, they dove on their sunken sailboat and found it was right on top of the wreck of the Southampton. Wonder if any remains of his sailboat are still there? Marx says the Southampton carried silver coins.

theGOLD

Dec 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
JW Fisher 8x
Is this the Southhampton in the Bahamas? The British Southhampton with like 12 visible cannon or something along those lines? I cant view the video, it says the video is only available in the UK...

-GOLD

OP
OP
P

Peerless67

Jul 26, 2007
ENGLAND & CALIFORNIA
Detector(s) used
Eyes, ears and common sense
theGOLD said:
Is this the Southhampton in the Bahamas? The British Southhampton with like 12 visible cannon or something along those lines? I cant view the video, it says the video is only available in the UK...

-GOLD

Sorry you can not see it, someone else said they couldnt either, so I took some screen shots. Maybe they will show it in the states soon.
PS. yes it is just off of Conception Island

Attachments

• anc.JPG
    anc.JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 236
  • anc2.JPG
    anc2.JPG
    22.8 KB · Views: 233
  • can1.JPG
    can1.JPG
    18.5 KB · Views: 247
  • can2.JPG
    can2.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 242
  • can3.JPG
    can3.JPG
    20.5 KB · Views: 241
  • can6.JPG
    can6.JPG
    21.5 KB · Views: 239

chipveres

Jul 9, 2007
Hollywood, Florida
About the Southampton wrecked in the Bahamas: My wife found contemporary documentation in the University of Florida library, that indicated the silver was taken off when the sailors were rescued.

Chip V.

theGOLD

Dec 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
JW Fisher 8x
This is Nick's find. The majority of it anyways. He and his son found the main ballast and most of the visible cannon and anchors. Pretty interesting wreck though. GOOD JOB NICK!!!

-GOLD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread