Southwestern oregon placer gold?

TravyLeigh

Sep 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all, I eventually want to move to oregon, and my gold fever is so hot that I HAVE to be very close to gold. I live in the east bay CA, and I drive to auburn CA (gold country) about every weekend. We have pretty awesome gold up here if you're willing to look for it!

What are the hottest spots in southwest oregon for placer gold? I love detecting, sniping, crevicing, sluicing.... Is gold in oregon sized large enough for detectors?

You can pull out a pennyweight or 2 in a day of sluicing here in CA gold country. How do you folks fare on a good day of sluicing?

Thanks!!

oregonmp03

Oct 13, 2014
Aberdeen, WA
Detector(s) used
Fishers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm new to both dredging and metal detecting and live in southwest oregon. I've found some gold just sluicing in the creeks, am still working on my first find with a metal detector, and am anxiously awaiting the first dredging season in June where I'll be on the Rogue. There is a bunch of youtube videos though on dredging the rogue and goldgold.com has some maps and locations on where to go if dredging. Lots and lots of claims around.......

Where you moving to?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread