Sovereign GT or M6??

hsjrev

Jul 27, 2007
W. TN
I currentyl have an Ace 250 but want something with a little more capability for ground mineralization and depth. I realize these are very different machines but I was wondering which would be better for coin/jewelry and occaisional relic hunting? I don't ever plan on using near salt water. Price is about the same but White's is the only company with a local dealer if that makes much difference. Some other machine in this price range that i should consider instead?? Thanks for any info.

Also considering the Tesoro Tejon...

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Normally I would recommend a Sov GT. However since you are near a Whites dealer, you won't beat the service you would get from them. They will answer many of your questions and have the other coils too.

The Tejon is liked by many for relic hunting and it is a very nice deep detector. You should look into the MXT, it's a little more, but you get lots more.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I would say the sovereign i would not buy a detector just because a dealer of one brand is close mine lab has good service and fast......

muleskinner

Aug 8, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
minelab, tesoro
Ditto with the Sovereign recomendation. It would be a good compliment to the Ace. You can get the easy stuff quickly with the Ace, and follow and get the deep stuff with the Minelab.

OP
OP
hsjrev

hsjrev

Jul 27, 2007
W. TN
Thanks for the replies, but I happened across a deal on a used Tesoro Tejon and got that. I like it so far but I guess I'll always wonder what the Sovereign might have done better. Oh well, I'll probably be too busy learning the Tejon for a while to worry about it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread