Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
From what I'm reading you have a battery you charged to 13.80v and you let it set for 5 hours (out of the machine) and now it reads 11.5v ?

If this is so, I would say you need new batteries or a battery pack.

Also the warning alarm for the sovereign is just like the excalibur, I think. There is not set voltage for it to go off, it is based on the condition of the battery and the type. I've seen the alarm go off mostly in the lower 10v range, but it is based on the battery in use so it could be up into 11 volt range.

I have a battery I am making for the excalibur right now, testing to make sure it works proper and has a good run time. Once the test are done I will remake it to fit the original control POD. Expecting 40 hours run time.

144629.jpg

uhfradarwill

Mar 20, 2022
Barre, MA
Detector(s) used
Minelab:
Sovereign GT
Equinox

Tesoro:
Comparde
From what I'm reading you have a battery you charged to 13.80v and you let it set for 5 hours (out of the machine) and now it reads 11.5v ?

Also the warning alarm for the sovereign is just like the excalibur, I think. There is not set voltage for it to go off, it is based on the condition of the battery and the type. I've seen the alarm go off mostly in the lower 10v range, but it is based on the battery in use so it could be up into 11 volt range.

I have a battery I am making for the excalibur right now, testing to make sure it works proper and has a good run time. Once the test are done I will remake it to fit the original control POD. Expecting 40 hours run time.

View attachment 2028906
I love homebrew, hats off to you sir!!
Are those 18650 batteries?
Will

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I love homebrew, hats off to you sir!!
Are those 18650 batteries?
Will
Thanks Will, I do a lot of the Home brew stuff. So far not melted anything down...:icon_sunny:.. this one is a mock up for testing.

Those ( pictured above) are a little smaller, 18500. I've made several battery packs with the 18650 and the 28650's. This time I wanted a battery pack everyone can make for there Excalibur's and still fit the original Battery POD. Once finished I'll share the results and the How too information.

I did make a battery pack for the excalibur last year using the 18650's Samsung 3500 mAh... 3 cell 12.6volt then a another one with 4 cells, pushing 14.8volts. The 4 cell ran the board to Hot. So I went with the 3 cell 18650's but they would not fit in the original Pod, so I had to make a POD. This time I can share since the small 18500's will fit the original POD.

HDR.jpg
Inked.jpg
34547.jpg

uhfradarwill

Mar 20, 2022
Barre, MA
Detector(s) used
Minelab:
Sovereign GT
Equinox

Tesoro:
Comparde
Thanks Will, I do a lot of the Home brew stuff. So far not melted anything down...:icon_sunny:.. this one is a mock up for testing.

Those ( pictured above) are a little smaller, 18500. I've made several battery packs with the 18650 and the 28650's. This time I wanted a battery pack everyone can make for there Excalibur's and still fit the original Battery POD. Once finished I'll share the results and the How too information.

I did make a battery pack for the excalibur last year using the 18650's Samsung 3500 mAh... 3 cell 12.6volt then a another one with 4 cells, pushing 14.8volts. The 4 cell ran the board to Hot. So I went with the 3 cell 18650's but they would not fit in the original Pod, so I had to make a POD. This time I can share since the small 18500's will fit the original POD.

View attachment 2028924 View attachment 2028925 View attachment 2028926
Mint!!

Reactions: OBN
OP
OP
sandsifter

sandsifter

Dec 14, 2007
Rockport Texas
Detector(s) used
SOV GT, EXCAL 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 2028906
thanks for the input

Reactions: OBN

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Need new battery... Check with Battery Plus or Batteries Are Us, a lot of times they will rebuild a battery if you have the case..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread