SpaceX Landing..

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would love to see a launch and recovery someday..Many years ago I met a person who was flying from Florida to go salmon fishing in upstate NY and he said that while in flight they saw a launch

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been watching launches since Alan Shepard went up in 1963, was on the gym field playing football when it went up and you could see the trail... Watched the Columbia go up from 5 miles away and not come back down. I can see the launches from my home unless it is cloudy....

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been watching launches since Alan Shepard went up in 1963, was on the gym field playing football when it went up and you could see the trail... Watched the Columbia go up from 5 miles away and not come back down. I can see the launches from my home unless it is cloudy....

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure Hunter
This is a very interesting topic Thank You for sharing ..It must be so so beautiful to see the launches..with all that power being generated at take off is it very loud

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is very loud..

My favorites are night launches, like a giant roman candle.

Below is not my video, but is the view I get from my home as I live just a couple miles from where it was recorded from.

Last edited:

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These launches have to be one of the wonders of the world..
It’s amazing for.me to see how they can program these rockets and send them so so far away and maintain communication and bring them back.
There are times when the international space station can be seen going so fast in the night time sky overhead up here in NY.

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These launches have to be one of the wonders of the world..
It’s amazing for.me to see how they can program these rockets and send them so so far away and maintain communication and bring them back.
There are times when the international space station can be seen going so fast in the night time sky overhead up here in NY.

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone know how much thrust or power is generated to launch these..the engineering and all systems personal is definitely First Class

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Bill
Jan. 6th 9PM 2020 Space X from 10 miles away :)
From launch
591.JPG
593.JPG
595.JPG
596.JPG

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone know how much thrust or power is generated to launch these..the engineering and all systems personal is definitely First Class
"5 million: The lbs. of thrust that Falcon Heavy generates at liftoff. Falcon Heavy is the most powerful rocket to launch since NASA's Saturn V — the iconic vehicle that, with 7.5 million lbs. of thrust, accomplished the definitive Apollo-era feat of putting astronauts on the moon. The Falcon Heavy is "twice as powerful as any other booster operating today," Musk has said."

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"5 million: The lbs. of thrust that Falcon Heavy generates at liftoff. Falcon Heavy is the most powerful rocket to launch since NASA's Saturn V — the iconic vehicle that, with 7.5 million lbs. of thrust, accomplished the definitive Apollo-era feat of putting astronauts on the moon. The Falcon Heavy is "twice as powerful as any other booster operating today," Musk has said."

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you..it’s amazing to see how this can be engineered and built..I hope to be able to see a launch in Florida soon
Take care

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watch the launches on tv ..but to be close by and actually witness these phenomenal sights should be a moment in time that you will always treasure
Take care

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow these launches to me have to be one of the greatest things that one can ever witness
Take care
RTR Hi when you went striper fishing I think it was in Highland NY.and the restaurant was Mariners Harbor.I’ve been over there along time ago..I’ve been in this area my whole life and had the opportunity to relocate many times..perhaps one day we will..take care

Reactions: RTR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions