Spam Man

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found this silver I.D. bracelet several years ago while detecting a private prep. college near Austin Minnesota. Expecting to find a name on it that I could research on, and perhaps return to the owner, I was supprised to discover that the name on the bracelet was George A. Hormel II (One of the founders of Hormel Foods Corporation).
In an attempt to return the bracelet, I contacted the Corporate Office to see if they could find an address or phone number for him. Of course they would not give out that information, so I gave them my name and told them that he could contact me if he wanted it returned. I never heard back, and suspect that they never informed him of the find, but they were sure willing to take it off my hands and see that he received it. Yeah Right! Been there, done that!
I would be interested if anyone has any ideas as to how to return this to him personally, or to ensure that he actually gets it.

UPDATE :

I found a silver ID bracelet with the name George A. Hormel II. He was the son of the founder of the Hormel Company. I was able to find and return it back to him after 60 years. I also spoke to him on the phone. He told me he lost it in 1946. He is now well into his 80's.
Never got a personal reply, but I know he got it because I sent it registered mail.

Attachments

• George A Hormel II.jpg
    George A Hormel II.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 973

piratepete

Jan 18, 2005
may sound kinda obvious, but check an online phonebook. type in his name and then look for the adress next to the number

The Pete

Jan 14, 2005
Must be common I got a friend that's got one. Just kidding glad to see you finnally posted one of your finds. I'd email the picture or send the picture, along with your e-mail address. That way the ball is in their court.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Call all the Hormels in the area, & ask IF they know a GEORGE A. the II . if they don't move on to the next. Don't describe the Bracelet to anyone, untill you find Him. or a relative, if he's deceased. I take it, you did a GOOGLE SEARCH of his name ?

mech

Jun 4, 2006
St Petersburg, Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
congrats on finally finding the owner bk..wow almost 2 years now!
Its cool you got to talk with him also..he even remembers what year he lost it!

cheers,
mech

Blackjack77

Jun 16, 2006
Minnesota
Good job BK ! Glad You were able to
finally return it.
Strange as it sounds,a previous "post"
might have had a good idea about online
Telephone directories. Some are even listing
"unlisted" and cell numbers-- the days of any
privacy is over!! :(

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
all the chili you can eat!! ;D nice thing you did there BK! ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread