Spanish Colonial Military + Civil War Artillery!

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

Got into a great spot and dug some amazing things with my friend Birdman. He hit 1820s artillery and we both dug some great civil war artillery finds and some old coins. I got a sweet silver 1700s pendant (watch the video to see that lovely piece). Also managed to get a Spanish Colonial Military find—and that doesn’t happen often! Please enjoy the video and photos.

7058D61A-2A9A-4650-8386-8015FE66C38A.jpeg

6E8EC625-C057-4D90-A0B3-B5BE0B37B9C4.jpeg

BD09BCFF-1390-46F2-B41A-2ED84406B0E4.jpeg

Upvote 28

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know exactly what you mean BB, site isn't the same that it use to be. I've seen some things posted that years ago would've been talked about like crazy and true pieces of history but now a wheaty gets more attention. Regardless you had a KILLER hunt so I for one are glad you still post brother!!!!!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

Got into a great spot and dug some amazing things with my friend Birdman. He hit 1820s artillery and we both dug some great civil war artillery finds and some old coins. I got a sweet silver 1700s pendant (watch the video to see that lovely piece). Also managed to get a Spanish Colonial Military find—and that doesn’t happen often! Please enjoy the video and photos.

View attachment 2086340

View attachment 2086341

View attachment 2086342

Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know exactly what you mean BB, site isn't the same that it use to be. I've seen some things posted that years ago would've been talked about like crazy and true pieces of history but now a wheaty gets more attention. Regardless you had a KILLER hunt so I for one are glad you still post brother!!!!!
Yeah it’s kind of ridiculous. Forum used to be such a great place. Now more of a ghost town. Ty for your reply my friend. If this had gone down the page without any response it would’ve been a shame.

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice video BB, hopefully you guys find more of that piece. Probably parts are in other detectorists cases...and they wish the same. Thanks for sharing.
My team and I are the only ones to dig this field :) so let’s hope the rest turns up!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Crazy recoveries as usual!
Dang.
And congrats!!!!

Not placing those caps you keep finding.
But...Civil war sewing kits could have a small mix of buttons. A buckle ect.
And the non homemade kits could be simple as a needle case and thread.
(Your caps started me after looking at needle cases first...)

Anyways , I'm not saying what you find is related to what , but keep those sewing kits in mind if things seem almost out of place. Three different buttons together with a small buckle for example.
Or a needle with one of those mystery caps. L.o.l....

Congrats. Quite the locale you're hunting still.

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I lived close to you so I could walk behind you on those iron loaded sites...You would get an eye opener....lol
I’ve had folks using Deus and Minelabs do exactly that as an experiment with my team, and I’m not interested in the one-upmanship occurring on this post.

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crazy recoveries as usual!
Dang.
And congrats!!!!

Not placing those caps you keep finding.
But...Civil war sewing kits could have a small mix of buttons. A buckle ect.
And the non homemade kits could be simple as a needle case and thread.
(Your caps started me after looking at needle cases first...)

Anyways , I'm not saying what you find is related to what , but keep those sewing kits in mind if things seem almost out of place. Three different buttons together with a small buckle for example.
Or a needle with one of those mystery caps. L.o.l....

Congrats. Quite the locale you're hunting still.
I appreciate you! I’ll look into those! There are always some interesting relics to ID!

In terms of the locale… I’ve moved many times over the years and I’ve done well in many locations… as the nearly 20 years of finds posted on this site attest. I genuinely feel that success is largely the digger themselves, their knowledge, and the mind that’s selecting sites, getting permission and working the detector.

Folks delude themselves by endlessly upgrading machines and putting down other folks’ detectors. All they’re doing is wasting money and hot air. And I’d recommend they spend their time digging instead. :)

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You started with the single freq comment jab....I have tested and used both lower single freq and higher single freq plus the multi machines. For relic hunting in iron the (higher freq) machines have a BIG advantage..Thats a Fact based on use and testing of the units over the years....
I do not care what machine you use...I will not post in your threads anymore...
I’d greatly appreciate that. You know, you insulted me on a livestream once, rather than have an honest discussion, and at this point I’m just kinda over your channel. I have never said anything that was intended to be insulting to you, but it’s time now that we ignore each other in the future. It’s obvious you are sensitive to some harmless humor with my “with a single frequency machine” reply on my own post here. One of your toadies made a post today on his YouTube channel, TN Sharpshooter. Got a big laugh out of it, how folks rush to defend you. Funny that he pops his mouth off but never shares anything actually dug. I’ve never said my machine was better than anyone’s, nor slammed anyone else’s. I suggest you do the same.

Last edited:

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmm.
Never dig anything?

Attachments

• IMG_0012.jpeg
    IMG_0012.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 14
OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry , you feel I insulted you on my livestream that was never my intention. I remember giving you a piece of advice about a detector for relic hunting in iron. Thats what my lives are for to show the best performers...
I do not rate detectors off of finds of course if I did I got a whole room of them I could show off. Saying someones detector has seen its better days and has been passed up by the newer ones should not be offensive because that is just how technology works. It advances...... Anyway happy hunting!
I don’t remember asking you for your input on what detector I swing—Ever. Just sayin. And I don’t care what you’ve dug or not dug. Everyone who has been at this hobby for a while has a nice find to show. Assuming that something that’s newer is better is a disease of the modern age. Because we all know that it isn’t necessarily true. And *how* much better is always the thousand dollar question—literally! Again, I haven’t done anything to try to insult you, but here we are, and now I’d appreciate it if you just leave me alone. Thanks!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions