Spanish gold bars found, can the government steal it from me?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jul 17, 2022
So you found a bunch of Spanish gold bars in an old Spanish mine, can the government steal it from us. Gary Holt, the mine owner of the lost Josephine mine tells us why the government can't take it from us according to the Spanish American war treaty and the 1872 mining laws. What do you think? The Spanish way bill for the lost Josephine mine says there is over a billion dollars of gold and silver Spanish bars in the lost Josephine mine that we are actively searching for. When we find them hopefully Gary is right and we will be able to keep them. Spanish gold bars found, can the government steal it from me?

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
an 80 lb gold bar, carved up , melted , and mixed with sand
is still more money then most people need. at least for awhile.

The rest would make a Nice pair of Stares or House Foundation

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
an 80 lb gold bar, carved up , melted , and mixed with sand
is still more money then most people need. at least for awhile.

The rest would make a Nice pair of Stares or House Foundation
There are ways. There are ways. For a nominal fee.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes,they can steal it.Not really legally,but the Gov.has unlimited resources and battalions of lawyers to make your life so miserable and deplete your savings to the point you can,t hire anyone to represent you in court that you,ll never see any of your rewards. For those who don,t know what a battalion is,it,s a lot! Mouth shut,tell no one,figure a way.Or say bye bye!

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes,they can steal it.Not really legally,but the Gov.has unlimited resources and battalions of lawyers to make your life so miserable and deplete your savings to the point you can,t hire anyone to represent you in court that you,ll never see any of your rewards. For those who don,t know what a battalion is,it,s a lot! Mouth shut,tell no one,figure a way.Or say bye bye!
Absolutely

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Heard a gold bar found years ago, in a tunnel in the Superstition mountains. Man, who found the gold bars watched the US Army go in to take all the gold. As the story went, he carved his initials on a rock near the entrance.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What is this inherent need to tell the world that there is something in the mine in the first place.
If has claim on the said mine, keep the mouth shut, remove, sell be a happy camper for the remains years.
But bla,bla,bla, and gets a whole lot of attention-if he looses it-then he deserves to for blabbing.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sgt Schultz I See Nothing I Know Nothing.gif

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I removed the link, apparently he is leasing out mine to searchers.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread