Spanish Markers to an old Mission (not on any maps lol)

MesaBuddy

Feb 8, 2006
AZ
Detector(s) used
Polygragh and if needed sodium P
Dug up some old pics of an old mission site that was a very good find back in the 70's, and sorry peep's I do not need any help figuring it out as it has been figured out for a number of years.
I do not like posting posting pixs here ::) as resizing them makes the quality suck (Marc can I contribute to a larger pic posting fund here a Tnet for more bandwith) This is just for show and tell :-* Any one have any clues as to the general area 8) , I will put up another pic and oh yeah it is south of Tucson ;)
Best Always
MesaB

Attachments

• Unamedmission.jpg
    Unamedmission.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 1,049
OP
OP
MesaBuddy

MesaBuddy

Feb 8, 2006
AZ
Detector(s) used
It is near a very large copper mine and the tailings can be seen for miles ::)

Attachments

• unknownmission.jpg
    unknownmission.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 1,031

JACKOJohn Stanwix

Dec 20, 2004
HEAVEN
MesaBuddy --- It sure looks like the area between Tombstone and Bisbee. Lots and lots of spanish doing here. However you said South of Tuscon. The oly mining I have seen is off of the highway going to Nogalos. From the ground I'd say it's between North of Arivaca and the east side of the interstate. Yes Badlands USA

Have you been to this spot??? how long ago??? Threre's something very unusual in one of those pictures. Want me to help dig?? not under stacked rocks. I have a hunch -- OOPS I'd have to buy a guad as I know that's the only way to go in the desert.

Jacko

OP
OP
MesaBuddy

MesaBuddy

Feb 8, 2006
AZ
Detector(s) used
MesaBuddy --- It sure looks like the area between Tombstone and Bisbee,
"Wrong JJ" ;)
No way J J I already dug (back in 79) you can come along and watch me dig a new spot there and we can take my jackass ;D :D
You are very close to the area if you head due west for a way's

Attachments

• oldmissiom5.jpg
    oldmissiom5.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 1,001
OP
OP
MesaBuddy

MesaBuddy

Feb 8, 2006
AZ
Detector(s) used
;) ;) Looking north to the tailings pile but which way to the mission ???
I forgeeeett
Best Always
MesaB

Attachments

• oldmissionofthespaniards4.jpg
    oldmissionofthespaniards4.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 1,018
OP
OP
MesaBuddy

MesaBuddy

Feb 8, 2006
AZ
Detector(s) used
O K J J you get to go with me or you can go yourself (make sure you wear a DEA t-shirt with a kevlar vest underneath lol) It is near Amado ,AZ and Sahuarita , AZ west of there
Best Always
MesaB
ps a lot of peeps have been looking 4 this ;)
A pozo here and a pozo there take a walk on the wild side,do do do , a pozo here and a pozo there take a walk on the wild side do do do do do
Jacko my son was born in Green Valley , spent some time there a long time ago :D

OP
OP
MesaBuddy

MesaBuddy

Feb 8, 2006
AZ
Detector(s) used
Some fellow was asking me about info on Amado , AZ the other day I said why sure I will give you some info but "Whats Amado With you" ;D
Lots of Smiles
MesaB

JACKOJohn Stanwix

Dec 20, 2004
HEAVEN
MesaBuddy -- That's the mine I was talking about and if those stacked rocks and the second picture were taken at teh same time those stones should be with in site of that hill in picture with mine. Also, this is north of Arivaca. Just couldn't remember how far this mine was between the mission that's there now and arivaca.
Here's why I said I'd up you-- don't know what a target means but we might hit the bulls eye. From the target going right are signs (shadows) that lead to a circle of signs. If this spot was dug up then the target nor signs wouldn't be there. Can you get a recent shot, to see if things have changed?? Did they dig up this area????

Jacko

Attachments

• MB 1.jpg
    MB 1.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 852
OP
OP
MesaBuddy

MesaBuddy

Feb 8, 2006
AZ
Detector(s) used
I am going to go down there real soon , you can come with me if you want , I haven't been there since 82 , no digging was done where you are talking about
:D ;D
Best
MesaB

JACKOJohn Stanwix

Dec 20, 2004
HEAVEN
MesaBuddy -- I saw a old beer can in the photo also. But have you ever seen or anyone seen a target before?? Can a 4X4 get back in there or do we need to walk?? Or is walking out of the question?? If you took that phot send me a few more of the area near by. I you have my e-mail don't ya??? I beleive it is in the second photo of the far hill, there is a very large cat face in the tall part of the ridge line.

Jacko

OP
OP
MesaBuddy

MesaBuddy

Feb 8, 2006
AZ
Detector(s) used
You can get there pretty easy , I'll send you some pics JJ
Did you ever get your Ford Truck problem squared away??
Buddy

JACKOJohn Stanwix

Dec 20, 2004
HEAVEN
My ford problems have been turned over to the BBB and if ford doesn't agree to what I want then we'll go to an arbitrator to straighten thingss out if that doesn't work then I'll have to get an attorney cause they did work on it 3 times with out my approval or knowledge until it was done and no paper work showing work was done. I'll take a look and see what might be there. How soon were you thinking of going??? It'd be nice to see some different area even if we don't find anything.

Jacko/JJ

OP
OP
MesaBuddy

MesaBuddy

Feb 8, 2006
AZ
Detector(s) used
When it cools off ! I work outside and it has been humid as h3ll the last several days :'(
Sometimes ya find nothing, sometimes ya find a lot , I just like being outdoors and goofing around stacking rocks all over the southwest ;D ;D
Best
Buddy
ps I sent you some pics at the email address I had for you did you get them?

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
ericwt said:
It would not take an expert to find this. Assuming the information you gave was correct.

Anyone who has read anything about the San Xavier Mission, knows that where it stands now is not were it was.

Copper Mining in Arizona is well documented,both in modern times and in Spanish exploration.

All anyone needs is satellite images of the general area an to look for the trail. This is not brain surgery here. The ore and the finished product were very heavy. The trail would be clear. The mountans in the photos can be found easily from google earth.

Kind of like the Copper trail in Western New Mexico. This is not on the map and yet every 10-15 miles there is a mission.

Why are experts not showing you the area? Perhaps is is so obvious that no one consideres this a new discovery. Perhaps they don't know if you stacked the rocks up yourself. Also they might point out that you have posted nothing that proves this area is indeed a mission.

Maybe the experts do not need to stroke there egos?

Also if you know the location and you live in Mesa, I can assume that the locals in the area have know about it for years.

I also imagine the experts have their own projects and therefore have no interest in the area.

So good luck with this. Have a happy 4th of July. I know I will. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

ericwt
MEOW MEOW Dude you need to pull your nails in ;D ;D Buck

OP
OP
MesaBuddy

MesaBuddy

Feb 8, 2006
AZ
Detector(s) used
O K so first off I do not think this kind of "Discord" that has been going on in this thread is inappropriate on my part and for the most part it is very unproductive , and I do not wish the people that frequent this site to see my juvenile behaivior
So Mr. Eric I would like to offer you my most sincerest apology for being a "Jackass" and please forgive my snide remarks and comments
Happy Fourth of July to you
Best Regards
Buddy
oh and I know where your stash was/is ;)

ericwt

Feb 8, 2004
MesaBuddy: I respect you in more ways than you know. You are a valuable addition to TN. Your posts are filled with good information.

In fact because I respect you, your remarks hurt me more than someone who I did not care what they thought.

Also July 4 is my anniversary for me and my soon to be ex wife. So I have been hyper sensitive.

I know what you share here is important information. People need to listen to what you post.

But if I am attacked I will respond. I have deleted most of the offending remarks.

I apologize for my part in the matter. I had no business saying some of the things I did.

I know your treasure is comming to you. :)

ericwt

OP
OP
MesaBuddy

MesaBuddy

Feb 8, 2006
AZ
Detector(s) used
Thank You so much good Sir , I believe that your response is worth more to me than any treasure I could ever find some of the greatest treasure is found in ones heart ;)
Lot's of Smiles to you
Best Always
Buddy ;D

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PEEPS: Where did I miss the original excahange between eric and mesa?? I cannot find any thing in my list of posts??

The reason that I am asking is are there posts deleted or missing?

Tropical Tramp

OP
OP
MesaBuddy

MesaBuddy

Feb 8, 2006
AZ
Detector(s) used
I nixed em Tropical Tramp out of respect for the owner of this site and for the people in these forums
Best Always
MesaB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread