• Grabbed Frame 150.jpg
    Grabbed Frame 150.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 846

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
The second and third ones probably are,
without a little bit more info and a little more knowledge about where they are I wont say yes the definitly are.

The third one is a great one way face, The work of an artist.

Thom

tesoro dog

May 31, 2007
Hi All,

Among other things, in the third flic, between the bridge of the nose and the eye, do you see a guys face leaning down to kiss a girl. Your darntootin they were artists. How you been, Thom? Tony

PS Great pics neoticker

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
In answer to an email

A "one way" Face is a face that can only be seen from the single trail it points to.
The Spanish had trails in and trails out as well as trails that were used both ways.
all were marked with faces.
On a "one way" trail the face could only be seen if you were going the correct direction.
The face always looks in the direction of travel.

I do pretty well Tony.
Have some cool pix to send you.

Thom

OP
OP
neoticker

neoticker

Mar 24, 2008
Thanks,
The face is the lower marker looking down a gravel slide. Shortly after you pass that marker, going up, you see the marker in the second picture, (bird head?). If you turn right at this ponit you go under the site in the fourth pciture.
This is what I think I see in the first and last pictures .

Attachments

• Grabbed Frame 139b.jpg
    Grabbed Frame 139b.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 779
  • Grabbed Frame 150b.jpg
    Grabbed Frame 150b.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 782

tesoro dog

May 31, 2007
neoticker!!
Pic number 150. Rock in center looks funny, do you think decomposed granite was chipped out, and what looks like duckhead shaped piece was inserted there. looks like different type of rock. I wonder if something underneath? I believe I see small faces loking down at it. Can't hurt to look! TD

OP
OP
neoticker

neoticker

Mar 24, 2008
tesoro dog
I see one face in that picture. Just outside the picture on the left is another face. The rock in the center is not easy to get to. It is probably about 15-20 yards up from where the picture was taken. That rock is the white rock seen in about the center of the first picture. I did repell down to it once last fall. But it was dark by the time I got down to it. So I did not get a good chance to investigate it. The crack around the rock does look a little too straight for a natural crack.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
In regard to post #6

Neoticker,
If all that you see is really visible on that rock you need a clearer photo to see it.
I can tell you what that all means but I am reluctant to do so as the picture is still unclear ro me.
after a bit of looking I faintly see your styalized D. That is your directional ,
it says down slope to the next marker.

The rest is iffy at best from this picture

Thom

OP
OP
neoticker

neoticker

Mar 24, 2008
Thom,
Here is another angle of the third shot. These are all video grabs so the quality is not good. Hopefully I'll get some better shots with a DSLR this spring.

Attachments

• vlcsnap-48321.jpg
    vlcsnap-48321.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 613

hetty

May 24, 2007
like bent trees, they are pointing in the general direction you should go to. Max

resq937

Mar 6, 2005
new to this...but the second pic stood right out to me----that is a bird possibly a eagle or predator bird----this was confirmed with the post by neo ticker on the 4th pic by outlining another type of bird

Leones Corazon

Mar 26, 2006
Grand Junction Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808
Equinox 800
Go Find 60
Primary Interest:
Other
142 is the only one of the bunch that would make me wanna look around as it appears to be a turtle.
But just remember...it is hard to make a call from such a tiny picture and also not being there to get the entire
picture as there are other things to look for as well if what the turtle looks at is close by.

And listen to Hetty about the trees...he is spot on. If it was bent by them get the compass out and look to see where
its pointing at...usually it will be damn near spot on with a cardinal point or one other number.

DW

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread