Spanish Missions

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is where one finds it...Wherever that might be...

I will continue to state that the PSM's do lead to the royal platinum bearing mining real that was ordered closed by the Spanish Realm...But what do I know...

It may be in Durango...Or in NM...Who can say???Heck...It could b in Nayarit, Sinaloa, Sonora, or even any other part of New Mexico...Who can say for certain???

Ed T

Treasure Hunter 2.jpg

PotBelly Jim

Dec 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other

At least if we found something at the above spot, which I wholeheartedly agree the stone maps lead...the Brits wouldn't lock us up, or threaten us with fines, then confiscate said treasure, rope off the site, buy up the surrounding land and then rope that off...well, you know. They would...PAY us.

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Because the cat's been out of the bag on that site for a long time...so how do we protect the sites that haven't been posted on?...this particular site has been posted about before, and I was aware of the other website before Bill even brought this up...My hope, at least, is that by having this discussion, perhaps another site that remains "hidden" from the internet will be treated by us a bit more cautiously...I'm pretty sure that's what Dave was saying too, but I'm sure he'll chime in.

Like Bill said, perhaps the proper course of action for those of us interested in protecting AND EXPLORING those sites, is via PM or e-mail...it's not the guys that love the history of AZ, who are regular posters, that I'm afraid of...just my 2 cents...

I've never actually been there. I always wanted to go. Our local club had a claim right down the wash from the ruins. Nice large chunks of gold coming outta that claim but its to hard for the old timers in the club to get to. The wash ran so bad a few years back it wiped out the only road so they gave it up. It would've taken a huge bulldozer to clean those boulders out. I saw some beautiful gold from that area. Hard county. To hard for out of state snowflakes. They only tear up what their small SUV's will get to with out hitting bottom.

I found out about it from a guy in Tubac. He said he had befriended the old man in his 90's that claimed it was a Mission long before it was a mining camp or ranch. He showed me some evidence to support what he said at the time. It was compelling enough to make one think about it a bit. It used to have an old cart trail going to and from the site.

He wanted to me take him there by quad the long route and camp on site for a few weeks. He was hurt at the time and couldn't go. Personally I'm getting to old to go after anything without some sort of research or stone maps pointing the way. I know Blake reads those stones to so please don't give him anymore clues.

If you look at Kinos map house of Manje appears to be on the east side of Kerny and just about where the site is. Of course just like the stone maps Kino's maps were also vague and probably lead to a Jesuit movie set. Or Spanish Mission Impossible.

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
people like jim and i have been in arizona long before the idiots from other states showed up and felt the need to destroy and rob our historic sites....for some reason the snowbirds feel the need to take a piece of arizona home with them....i wish they would just take a river rock instead of a piece of a stone wall from a historic ranch...they stomp all over my mining claims and take gold ore and lapidary rock..ignoring the federal mining claim signs i have posted...i've caught a few of them red handed and its always either a canadian..or someone from Minnesota or Wisconsin...they have no respect for our land or property...the main reason all of our desert roads are being shut down is because of the caravans of quads and side by side's tearing up the place and creating tons of dust...i sure do wish you guys would ruin your own states and countries instead of violating ours:BangHead:

Been here along time, So I'd guess your still a idiot from another State. Uncalled for Dave Bad Fourm, And don't worry
about someone taking a rock the next heavy rain will wash up new ones and wash away tracks from there side by sides.

I thought you hunted Treasure with Carrol's dad, So it's a safe bet you done a few things not proper.

Relax Dave, I'll take you down, you will be OK!

babymick1

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Been here along time, So I'd guess your still a idiot from another State. Uncalled for Dave Bad Fourm, And don't worry
about someone taking a rock the next heavy rain will wash up new ones and wash away tracks from there side by sides.

I thought you hunted Treasure with Carrol's dad, So it's a safe bet you done a few things not proper.

Relax Dave, I'll take you down, you will be OK!

babymick1
micks back:BangHead:

PotBelly Jim

Dec 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
I've never actually been there. I always wanted to go. Our local club had a claim right down the wash from the ruins. Nice large chunks of gold coming outta that claim but its to hard for the old timers in the club to get to. The wash ran so bad a few years back it wiped out the only road so they gave it up. It would've taken a huge bulldozer to clean those boulders out. I saw some beautiful gold from that area. Hard county. To hard for out of state snowflakes. They only tear up what their small SUV's will get to with out hitting bottom.

I found out about it from a guy in Tubac. He said he had befriended the old man in his 90's that claimed it was a Mission long before it was a mining camp or ranch. He showed me some evidence to support what he said at the time. It was compelling enough to make one think about it a bit. It used to have an old cart trail going to and from the site.

He wanted to me take him there by quad the long route and camp on site for a few weeks. He was hurt at the time and couldn't go. Personally I'm getting to old to go after anything without some sort of research or stone maps pointing the way. I know Blake reads those stones to so please don't give him anymore clues.

If you look at Kinos map house of Manje appears to be on the east side of Kerny and just about where the site is. Of course just like the stone maps Kino's maps were also vague and probably lead to a Jesuit movie set. Or Spanish Mission Impossible.

Bill, would it be possible for you to post an image of the Kino map that has the "House of Manje" on it? The only thing I've found was a "Camp of Manje" that was on the west side of the river...so it looks like I don't have the one you're talking about...I just "assumed" we were talking about the same place, but it sounds like you have something different? Thanks, Jim

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Tourist season coming to a end, a week left or so a very successful year, sales through the Roof.

But so I'll be there again for 30 days, I'll try not to take any rocks this time but it will be harder then AAA!

Wooooooooooe. Babymick1

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Tourist season coming to a end, a week left or so a very successful year, sales through the Roof.

But so I'll be there again for 30 days, I'll try not to take any rocks this time but it will be harder then AAA!

Wooooooooooe. Babymick1
make sure you smile for the trail cams:occasion14:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What can you get for a good used trail cam on EBay these days ?

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
people like jim and i have been in arizona long before the idiots from other states showed up and felt the need to destroy and rob our historic sites....for some reason the snowbirds feel the need to take a piece of arizona home with them....i wish they would just take a river rock instead of a piece of a stone wall from a historic ranch...they stomp all over my mining claims and take gold ore and lapidary rock..ignoring the federal mining claim signs i have posted...i've caught a few of them red handed and its always either a canadian..or someone from Minnesota or Wisconsin...they have no respect for our land or property...the main reason all of our desert roads are being shut down is because of the caravans of quads and side by side's tearing up the place and creating tons of dust...i sure do wish you guys would ruin your own states and countries instead of violating ours:BangHead:

If only you knew what Wayne does when he's out there in what you call "your" mountains. I've been with him quite a couple times and all he does is haul trash out of there. He even forced me to participate- first and last time I ever did trash duty. :laughing7:

Asides, the million of bullet holes in them road signs, cacti, and every single thing standing out there sure don't come from Canada, do they? :icon_scratch:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
If only you knew what Wayne does when he's out there in what you call "your" mountains. I've been with him quite a couple times and all he does is haul trash out of there. He even forced me to participate- first and last time I ever did trash duty. :laughing7:

Asides, the million of bullet holes in them road signs, cacti, and every single thing standing out there sure don't come from Canada, do they? :icon_scratch:
most of the bullet holes in road signs come from alcohol:occasion14:

PotBelly Jim

Dec 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
Bill, here's what I was looking at...

A snip from Bolton's "Rim of Christendom" with Manje's Camp located about where Kearny is, but on the other side of the river:

View attachment 1623517

Also, thank you guys for carrying other people's nasty trash out of the desert.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Bill, here's what I was looking at...

A snip from Bolton's "Rim of Christendom" with Manje's Camp located about where Kearny is, but on the other side of the river:

View attachment 1623517

Also, thank you guys for carrying other people's nasty trash out of the desert.
yep..thanks guys...in the old days the forest service used to keep the forest clean....i guess they are above that now

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I take out trash every time I go. Desert Ghetto Trash.

Jim, I haven't been able to locate all the rare maps section of my archives as of yet. I do thank you for keeping me on my toes you sent me a on a document trip back to the Archives of the Indies where I've discovered and downloaded even more rare maps! I have quite a collection from there in three locations as I only have access to two. I also discovered a rare map that might be of interest to some other Thunters that I just hunted with.

It may not have been a Kino Map, or it could be the succession of a few of his maps. I see the one your using and the one I saw was different as it showed a square structure about where the old ruins are at. I assumed since he was along to protect Kino it was a Military out post that leaned towards mining.

Thanks

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Nevada,Calif.,Utah,Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Manje was kinos right hand man,he also wrote a book, if anyone is looking for Kinos original habatat on the river,you may be on the right track,not wanting to post more at this time.

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's one of the maps I'll post others as I download them. It's not the map I'm looking for but still it's history of this area.
Nice!

View attachment 1623626

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread