PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everyone,

I am working on a book. I am using the image below in the book.

Can someone please take a look at these two pictures and let me know what they think? It is the same image. I have highlighted areas that keep catching my attention. What do these shapes look like?

Thanks,

Patrick

Rock1.jpg rock2.jpg

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no ideal what the author of that stone is trying to say, but I have seen that most high and low points that cast shadows, can really change thru out the day, depending on the angle of the sun. maybe try and get more photos of it at different times, to show more or less. nice photos. thanks for posting them.

usernotfound

Sep 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
T-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no ideal what the author of that stone is trying to say, but I have seen that most high and low points that cast shadows, can really change thru out the day, depending on the angle of the sun. maybe try and get more photos of it at different times, to show more or less. nice photos. thanks for posting them.

Depending on how high your pixels are on your camera, you can skip taking multiple pictures throughout the day, and just alter the contrast and brightness with any run of the mill photo program.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What do these letters look like to you? You should ALWAYS try rotating your photos while looking for signs. My question would be, "why would the trail blazers leave such TINY code marks."

Rock1.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
PatrickD

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are also some numbers carved on the rock. I have a video that might be worth uploading although not sure if the file size will be accepted.

Here is a picture of the numbers.

markings.jpg markings3.jpg

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Minelab ,White's, others and B.S. sniffer

usernotfound

In my opinion, shadow signs were made to show up at a certain time. Altering the contrast and brightness will show you a picture of the rock(s) and not the shadows. I believe the shadow signs trump the others. My advice may or not be worth the $ I charge.:laughing7:

Oddrock

songdog

May 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out the free program for Picasa.
It has a feature that allows you to change the color contrast.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
looks like several markings above and to the left of the numbers

OP
OP
PatrickD

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Jeff-Gordon,

You have a good eye. When the dirt was cleaned from the rock, there were tiny carvings on it. Several sets of numbers. There were also some symbols that were Spanish in origin and one of a Templar shield.

Patrick

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions