Spanish SILVER #19 and a pair of Ripped Pants!

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

We kept working the new site, which has very little pottery, but all the right age for late 1700s and very early 1800s. Seems we have stumbled on a petite habitants homestead and outbuilding group. The button patch we got into today had a lot of silver gilded buttons, which I love finding since they are almost without a doubt late 1700s. Nothing with a maker's mark on the back, so again that speaks to age. Lead bits, a musket butt plate, a "mickey mouse" style small padlock, and lead fishing sinkers made out of musketballs. Got one tombac button, which we don't see very often. The only ones of these we had previously dug were on our tavern and at another small farm site we dug this past year (where we dug only buttons and no coins). I also dug a pistol bullet that I am fairly certain is some sort of Colt variant. If someone could confirm, I'd appreciate it.

I managed to get Spanish #19 for the year, which puts us one step away from our goal of 20. I think we have a chance at digging 25 this year if the harvest and plowing cycle is good to us.

I did NOT post a photo of the wardrobe malfunction. For that you'll have to check the video. Goodness, seems like this is happening very frequently. Second set of ripped pants this year! :BangHead: Must be the UV, temps, mud, and frequent washes down here.

At any rate, here are the photos and video. The half real is in great shape and was laying right on top where it washed out from the rain. 1773 half real.

HPIM4273.JPG cropped.JPG cropped1.JPG

HPIM4277.JPG HPIM4278.JPG HPIM4283.JPG

HPIM4282.JPG

Best Wishes and HH,

Buck

Upvote 12
OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"SEAMS like we've been here before." :D

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thx casper!

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Da-yam...you have a lot of Spanish!

38 Spanish in a year and a half. Not sure about the Seated coin count, but it is probably close to that. We target Colonial and Federal sites almost exclusively. Some of the sites have had mixed eras of occupation, but all antebellum.

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero
Man, you are racking up on the spanish down there. I think you've under estimated your total for the year. 8-)

What kind of repellant are you using? I have never had a skeeter bite thru a glove. Deet has always worked for me, (Works on chiggers too). Maybe rub down with diesel fuel. :icon_pale:

When I saw the part about the ripped pants in the title I was thinking about all that rich cajun food you've been eating these last few years. :laughing7: Glad you cleared that up in the video.

Keep posting my friend. I'm having a blast watching your posts.

Randy

PS - Don't forget to give us an update on that Planters Bank counter stamp.

silversurfer1111

Jul 14, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
GARRET AT PRO ..Whites Classic SL. . modified 9 Function Metal Detector from Harbor Freight tools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
19th Spanish Silver ! wow thats awesome ... I hope I get just 1 in my life time lol .. good video awesome silver save ....sub like .....whats the best place to look for them . you seem to know were they are lo

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Congrats on the nice silver BB....and a surface find to boot! I think you should end all of your videos with you singing a tune :laughing7:

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic find on the silver there BB, looks to be in good shape too.

By the way what would be your yearly record on Spanish silver?

ZDD

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I initially saw the title I thought this might be one of your old threads! :laughing7:

Love those buttons and the silver, Will! Your research sure is paying off - Congrats! :hello2: :icon_thumright:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great hut once again, congrats on the silver and the other relics recovered. Your well on your way of reaching the 25 mark easily.:hello2:

mangum

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, now that is a HELLUV an eye spy! Beautiful coin! That's also a cool lock. :notworthy: BTW - I just finished my ACV/evapo rust cleaning on my colonial lock. I've just gotta apply the crisco & done. It came out great thanks to your tips! HH!

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt and finds BuckleBoy!! Appreciate the Pics and narrative!! Congrats!! GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

housemom6

Jun 7, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites Quantum XT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really nice finds. Omg I'm just chomping at the bit for this knee to get better so I can get out there. The weather had been nice and cool and I'm stuck in the couch. I want to see what Kentucky has to offer me before winter comes.

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
19th Spanish silver and almost a "19th Nervous Breakdown" (with the ripped pants) :laughing7:

WTG Buck!:thumbsup:

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BB,brother,you are rough of clothes ! Love he Spanish silver!!I hope you all hit # 50 before summers over. :occasion14:

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are there any Spanish Silver left to find Will :laughing7: you just cant beat finding Silver laying right on the top :thumbsup:

SS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions