Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A5F7D102-3ED6-49B9-988E-8B5E9537404C.jpeg
I know I posted this recently but theres another direction I could have taken this. This may be the most meaningful point I ever find. I didnt go this route because Im not big on sympathy, but I lost my grandma 11 days ago, I woke up to the news, and I was trying to figure out some things to keep my mind occupied, there was a pull in my gut that I should check this one spot in particular. I did a few other things that morning but it was stuck in the back of my mind I should go there. Finally I went out and I had to wade through waist deep water from the flooded field to get out to the spot. I just had a feeling something was waiting for me. I started walking the rows of beans. I dont know how many other people do it but in my mind I was kinda talking to nothing in particular and I thought it would be really great if I could come away with a nice point. Not 5 minutes later this beauty was sitting right on top dead center of the row I was walking
BF964C11-C25D-451E-87F8-107D8C2B2506.jpg
Someone was looking out for me that day. It may not be a remarkable or rare point but it was instantly not for sale. It will have a special place for me forever. Like I said Im not a big sympathy guy but I thought some could appreciate the role this hobby can play in grander schemes. If anybody else has a point that Is special to them feel free to share.

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First sorry for your loss. Nice find and it will always remind you of your grandma too.

KY T

Greenie
Apr 23, 2021
Eastern Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am truly sorry for your loss Older The Better! I wish I could make other people understand what you and I see eye to eye on. When I lost my mom, that was all I was interested in doing. It is just a mindless kinda of thing to sorta escape for a while. I sometimes just sit and and feel like my mom is there with me. My wife thought I was going out seeing someone else.... That has been about two years now and I think she is starting to believe me. Hahaha. Once again, I am sorry for your loss and I can feel your pain.

Trevor

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So sorry for your loss. I have frames of points from my youngest brother who passed in 1994. I have one point from my older brother who also died in 1994. Not the best year for our family. The points are special to me.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My condolences to you and the family.
I find that going off on a hunt is the most comforting thing I can do.
It brings back the memories of the sharing of endless hrs that were spent together doing it together, whether it was rock, points, digging for bottles, detecting it was sharing those times.
I have my special finds that remind me of those that I have lost-when I'm gone that will be lost as well.

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My condolences! I believe you were touched from beyond...

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely some help from above!I too am sorry for the loss of your Grandma,all my Grands are gone,Mom and Dad too.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the best points I have ever found was after my dad had died and on his birthday some years later while fishing. It also holds a special place among my meager finds. Sorry for your loss.

OP
OP
Older The Better

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all, you can show some pics too. I’ve got a few others, still got my parents but each of these I found when I was out showing them what I do, my mom was the pink one, sitting in a Little Rock overhang I was showing her how I’d look for flakes then start looking and sure enough a few inches down in some rock rubble out popped this
768FE0A1-9918-4BE8-9CFD-855EF1B25D7B.png
The one with my dad we were walking around fallen trees and flakes were washing out of the root balls, again I chose a spot near the tree at random. First or second scoop just an inches down this popped out.
0AAFB29A-0A77-46D8-87D9-30B1E2F4E829.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions