Spent an Hour at The Early 1800s Home Site

NorILdigcollector

Sep 23, 2015
Northern IL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spent another hour at the old farm site this afternoon. I am starting to move slower to eke out some of the nonferrous items from all the iron. The ground here is loaded with iron. I turned down the iron discrimination a bit on the AT Pro and so far it is paying off.
The brass sheet metal piece I found another part of the other day so hopefully I will eventually find out what it is from. The spoon head is probably the fourth one I have found there of the same design.
I also found three early 1800s buttons. The two identical ones say "Rich Orange" on the back and the larger fancy button says "Gold Color."
20211219_183543.jpg
20211219_172322.jpg
20211219_172309.jpg

Upvote 15

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Spent another hour at the old farm site this afternoon. I am starting to move slower to eke out some of the nonferrous items from all the iron. The ground here is loaded with iron. I turned down the iron discrimination a bit on the AT Pro and so far it is paying off.
The brass sheet metal piece I found another part of the other day so hopefully I will eventually find out what it is from. The spoon head is probably the fourth one I have found there of the same design.
I also found three early 1800s buttons. The two identical ones say "Rich Orange" on the back and the larger fancy button says "Gold Color." View attachment 1997615 View attachment 1997616 View attachment 1997618
Nice relic recovery. Love those buttons!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also found three early 1800s buttons. The two identical ones say "Rich Orange" on the back and the larger fancy button says "Gold Color." View attachment 1997615 View attachment 1997616 View attachment 1997618
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
really cool finds, wtg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions