Sport of Gods... if you like fights & goals...

DD-777

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2007
Over the River and thru the Woods...
Detector(s) used
Team Tesoro
Sport of Gods... if you like fights & goals...

Maybe it's the chill in the air or maybe it's the need to watch a couple of guys beat the crap out of each other...

Sharing the love - for your viewing pleasure...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=" name="allowFullScreen" value="true">

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=" name="allowFullScreen" value="true">

Hemisteve

Feb 21, 2008
N. Nevada
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V/Sat and MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Sport of Gods... if you like fights & goals...

Yeah, October!
Baseball playoffs and the beginning of the hockey season. Good time of year for me.

I blew it on my baseball pics this year (Not even close) and have no clue who has a chance to make the Stanley Cup.
Go Sharks!

OP
OP
DD-777

DD-777

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
Team Tesoro

Hemisteve said:
Yeah, October!
Baseball playoffs and the beginning of the hockey season. Good time of year for me.

I blew it on my baseball pics this year (Not even close) and have no clue who has a chance to make the Stanley Cup.
Go Sharks!

HALLELUJAH!!!!! Another hockey fan! I thought I was the only one... :wav:

GO ISLES!!!

Hemisteve

Feb 21, 2008
N. Nevada
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V/Sat and MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hockey, The last true team sport where guys go out daily and kick the crap out of each other. :thumbsup: Good stuff and non stop action. Never get bored watching a game.
The only gripe I have is with the playoffs. The rules always change at playoff time and things don't get settled down till the third round. I like the changes over the years with the interference rules which promotes more scoring chances, but playoff hockey reverts back to old school days where one team goes up a goal and starts playing the trap and the games start to get slow. Call the games the way they were called all season. Lot more exiting.

How do the Islanders look this year?

OP
OP
DD-777

DD-777

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
Team Tesoro

Hemisteve said:
Hockey, The last true team sport where guys go out daily and kick the crap out of each other. :thumbsup: Good stuff and non stop action. Never get bored watching a game.
The only gripe I have is with the playoffs. The rules always change at playoff time and things don't get settled down till the third round. I like the changes over the years with the interference rules which promotes more scoring chances, but playoff hockey reverts back to old school days where one team goes up a goal and starts playing the trap and the games start to get slow. Call the games the way they were called all season. Lot more exiting.

How do the Islanders look this year?

We can thank the Devils for the trap BS. Brodeur's the only guy I ever liked on that team... ;D

I can only hope my boys pull a miracle out of their a$$ this year - too many dumb moves, can't keep a coach, etc., etc.... :D

Hemisteve

Feb 21, 2008
N. Nevada
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V/Sat and MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Marty is one hell of a goalie. Possibly the best in the NHL. Nabokov is pretty good but can be a little mental once in a while.
The Sharks fired Ron Wilson and his staff after the playoffs last season because he would'nt adapt to the playoff situation. He stayed with his system and it did'nt work. Hopefully this year a new coach and a new attitude will take them deeper into the playoffs if they get there.
Wilson went to the Leafs and they will be a team to watch. I did like his style much more than Daryl Sutter.

Hey, the Sharks are hosting the Islanders in January. How about a small wager on the game to make it interesting? Nothing special, and old wheatie or something.

Let me know
Steve

eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Multi tasking right now. Watching the Flyers vs Habs game, Tneting, and hoisting a few chilly ones :occasion14: :occasion14: :occasion14:

Huge Flyers fan here!!! The F'n habs are up 2-0 in the 1st >:( >:( >:( I despise the habs.

Hal

OP
OP
DD-777

DD-777

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
Team Tesoro

eathabs said:
Multi tasking right now. Watching the Flyers vs Habs game, Tneting, and hoisting a few chilly ones :occasion14: :occasion14: :occasion14:

Huge Flyers fan here!!! The F'n habs are up 2-0 in the 1st >:( >:( >:( I despise the habs.

Hal

Yeah, you should try being an Islanders fan. :P I'm ready to drive back up to N.Y. and fire the entire staff myself... >:( ;D

You boys are actually not bad this year - we'll see how long that lasts... :wink:

Here's a pic for you...

Attachments

• Richard1 (Small).jpg
    Richard1 (Small).jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 225

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread