Spring tide coming later this week.

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
There is a spring tide coming later this week, and the low low should be good. A spring tide is when the sun and the moon are in synch with each other, and they are coming up at dawn together later this week. If a cold front comes at that time, I dont think so now, it will blow the water down even further. A spring tide happens about every 6 weeks, sometimes during the night, the low low anyway, but it is always worth working.

Upvote 0

tiggar

Sep 26, 2011
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
wait every month for those new moon lows !!!!

bobbypin bill

Greenie
Nov 1, 2011
gulf coast, fl.
Detector(s) used
Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thanks, this is the type of info. I value, I'm certain you've forgotten more about tides and water conditions than I know. I really appreciate clues to unraveling optimum hunting.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the heads up. :icon_thumleft: :icon_pirat: :icon_thumright:

baywalker

Bronze Member
Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steve I saw that on the tide chart I would love to go but I have trips all this week . If the wind blows to hard maybe?

Jonnie

OP
OP
stevemc

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I have you in my phone now Jonnie, I will call you when it looks like a bad day for fishing.

Surfdigger

Jan 4, 2008
South Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur, Sovereign GT, Fisher CZ-6a
WOW....thats great to know....I'll be in Venice from Sat. 11/26 to Sat. 12/3And I hope to hit more than a few beaches from Venice up to hopefully Lido Beach....maybe Cya out there Steve !!

OP
OP
stevemc

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Surfdigger I do plan to be out in that range, and maybe North, in the mornings, and I am 5' 10" blond/brown hair, and I will be using either a White's Surfmaster PI, or a very old blue sword Minelab Excalibur, with big solid stainless scoop. Maybe a black wetsuit on, or maybe just shorts. I hate wearing a full wetsuit when it is 85 degrees out and I am not fully underwater, gets too hot. Beach temp water was 72 this morning, cold enough for a wetsuit. It might warm up slightly, but not much.

Surfdigger

Jan 4, 2008
South Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur, Sovereign GT, Fisher CZ-6a
stevemc said:
Surfdigger I do plan to be out in that range, and maybe North, in the mornings, and I am 5' 10" blond/brown hair, and I will be using either a White's Surfmaster PI, or a very old blue sword Minelab Excalibur, with big solid stainless scoop. Maybe a black wetsuit on, or maybe just shorts. I hate wearing a full wetsuit when it is 85 degrees out and I am not fully underwater, gets too hot. Beach temp water was 72 this morning, cold enough for a wetsuit. It might warm up slightly, but not much.
I'll be looking for you Steve.....I'm not bringing my full wetsuit.....just shorts and maybe a longsleeve t-shirt .......72 degree water is like July water temp here at the Jersey shore.....hope to bump into you !!

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty consistent low tides starting Thanksgiving. Ive been digging North as well.... get ready to do a lot of walking out there if you dont catch that low tide. Might find yourself digging bottle caps for the fun of it. Temps are going to be on the mild side. The water has been great for shorts and shirt but after 3 or 4 hours you dont want a cloudy day..... gets cool. Im awfully close as well to where you will be.... Manasota beach area and i know ill be out there somewhere. The beaches are getting much busier but very few in the water so we need these tides.... or diving gear lol. Steve you are going to have to take a break some time and show me where all the gold is.

Dew

OP
OP
stevemc

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Yes, I noticed it is going to get colder than they thought at first. Maybe it will get rougher too. I cant get out until Sat, but do plan to hit some beaches that might not have been hit much. If I knew where the gold is, I would already be there!

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
10 to 15 MPH winds coming from the East.... might make th waves a little bigger, but the temp and tide at about 8:30 is a pretty good neg. tide. I may have to roll out early.

Dew

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread