Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, first time I've had 2 days off in six months. Went down towards BV along the Arkansas. They got a lot less snow on the ground than we do.
3-31aa.jpg
3-31bb.jpg
3-31cc.jpg
3-31dd.jpg
3-31ee.jpg

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Spring is slowly arriving, good to hear you have a few days off from the grind.

Even though I live with a view, I certainly miss the mountains and that topography.

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic pictures! I especially like the tunnel pic! Warmed up here in NE Oregon but has cooled back down some for now. Looking forward to actual Spring!

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic pictures! I especially like the tunnel pic! Warmed up here in NE Oregon but has cooled back down some for now. Looking forward to actual Spring!
Midland tunnels. Railroad and stagecoaches used to run through here. We still got some winter left here too.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went down the Arkansas River from Salida to Canon City after a night in Gunnison yesterday and Monarch was snowing pretty good up top. I took highway 9 on the way back to Fairplay where I had lunch and indeed it was a fair weather day through south park. I was just asking a contracting customer of mine about what else they've got coming up for work and they mentioned a railroad tunnel repair in BV might happen. I'm thinking it's those old Midland route tunnels your showing. I look it over every time I go through them and yeah they're gonna need a bit of bolting up I'm thinking. They gotta be over a hundred years old.

Attachments

• 20220330_090114.jpg
    20220330_090114.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:
OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could be TR, but they've been holdin up pretty good. I did notice now they have a sign warning about falling rock. Never ever take that road during rafting season either.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could be TR, but they've been holdin up pretty good. I did notice now they have a sign warning about falling rock. Never ever take that road during rafting season either.
My last job in the upper Arkansas River area was in 86' working for River Runners. I quit before everything got going for the season to take a job in Sacramento at Tamrock Mining Equip. I didn't work but two or three weeks at that place and recall I never cashed my last River Runners paycheck, which might still be around somewhere tucked away. Yeah indeed the quest for selfies has sure done a lot for the tourist economy in the area.

Riverbum

Jul 13, 2011
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love your scenery …and I wonder if the river has wild trout
The snow cap mountains are a beautiful sight
Thanks for sharing with us
Take care
Believe it. The Arkansas up river from Salida to Leadville hold some fine, fun trout

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Believe it. The Arkansas up river from Salida to Leadville hold some fine, fun trout
I’m going to get my fishing license and try to find some trout ..Thanks and best of luck to you

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you get up here bill pay attention to the fishing regulations. They can be different in different parts of the river.

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you get up here bill pay attention to the fishing regulations. They can be different in different parts of the river.
Ok..I enjoy trout fishing..the largest brown trout for me so far ten pounds caught with night crawlers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread