May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Earlier today Cru'dad went around to the farmer who owned the field where we recently got the Treasure item (Roman Silver Pin) to inform him about it. Whilst there he found out that the Field of 500 was now drilled with oilseed rape & so he asked what was left. The Bag Seal City Field was available but we had covered all the Roman Site, so he decided to do outside of the site for just a quick hour. He got 2 hammered (from an area we had never had any), so when he phoned me about it, we decided to hunt the last 2 hours of light & ended up with:

3 Scrappies
Great Northern Railway Button
17th C Button
Tudor Button
17th C Spur Buckle
Jetton
Tudor Knife Terminal
1889 Chester Silver Thimble
4 Hammered:
Nice Penny of Ed I (laying on top), & 1 grotty one
Lizzy I Halfgroat
Edward III? Penny

Dug tons of junk, but pretty pleased with a strong hammered finish for Aug.
I think this area was a late Victorian allotments that continued into the 20th C.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    187.9 KB · Views: 51
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 52
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 49
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    179.3 KB · Views: 50
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    184 KB · Views: 52
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 49
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    134.1 KB · Views: 61
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    201.1 KB · Views: 80
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    170 KB · Views: 72
Upvote 24

Lost Signal

Mar 5, 2019
Lowcountry SC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Garrett 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The four hammered coins with the thimble in the center makes for great finds-photo. Congrats on the excellent quick hunt.

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
love it. your finds are always awesome

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crusader I don’t normally respond to your posts because I just don’t know what to say. Your finds leave my mind spinning. You and Cru’dad are killing it with all those beautiful hammered silvers. You both work hard and dig tons of stuff and come up with things that we would never imagine finding on this side of the pond. Congratulations on your many terrific hunts and finds. Your experience and knowledge are a true asset Tresaurenet and an inspiration to the rest of us. Stay safe, continued good luck and keep swingin.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crusader I don’t normally respond to your posts because I just don’t know what to say. Your finds leave my mind spinning. You and Cru’dad are killing it with all those beautiful hammered silvers. You both work hard and dig tons of stuff and come up with things that we would never imagine finding on this side of the pond. Congratulations on your many terrific hunts and finds. Your experience and knowledge are a true asset Tresaurenet and an inspiration to the rest of us. Stay safe, continued good luck and keep swingin.
Thanks for the kind words.
Whilst getting into the car last night, a dog walker asked how we got on. She was utterly amazing at what we found & thought we must have had a red letter day. We stated, not really.
We are at a privileged point in our careers where this seems normal.
However, we still have moments remembering where we came from & how abnormal it really is. Makes us chuckle.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another excellent outing Crusader. I like that photo of the 4 Hammered coins and Thimble.

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like these days with finds all over the centuries.... Good count on hammereds and topped with the thimble!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread