Stage Stop Question

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Randy:
? :) Certainly was and still is!? :)
Are you looking for the missing Stagecoach Money/coins? ???
Anyhow, the Stage Station is located in,...
NUTS! I have forgotten the name of the canyon!
But! Anyway, look for it in "Steins Pass" (NM side)!
That places The Station right on the AZ/NM Border!
That is due east of "Gold Hill" !
For Security Reasons.... 8)
Best Approached! From the Arizona side!? ::)
Or!
Not! But a few miles farther away,? ?:P only this is on the Arizona side [/b], there is another very little known Stage Station :o
This one is located on the shore of a large Artesian Lake!
Also! Very little known!
If you'd like,? :D? I could meet with you ..? I can give you a tour of the area!? :)
It, the nearby area, has alot of interesting features!
Huge Prehistoric Indian Camp Grds.,? :o? Mines, Cliff Dwellings,? ?:-X Spring filled canyons,? :o? with a treasure Story there too!

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
BillKY:
? :)? "DUKE"!? :)
Is one of several dogs, that I take with me!
Since, I am usually out by myself, I need a good, reliable "Early Warning System"
And there is none better,? :D? Than? a,? ? Good,? Trustworthy? Dog!
Large or small!
At Times! Duke's hearing and smell, that I already know to be outstanding, :o still really amazes & surprises??:o me!
His Name, "Duke" is derived from "Marmaduke!? ?...? Being that he's part "Dane" and? ???
Being there in KY, I'm sure that you know about good dogs!! :)

OP
OP
Homesteader

Homesteader

Apr 18, 2003
Silver City, NM USA
Detector(s) used
Goldbug2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry about that, but I actually meant to say Knight's Peak. It is aways further up the road on Hwy 90 between Silver City, NM and Lordsburg. There is an old stage stop at its base, but I believe it must have been a private line and am trying to get some more info on which line it was and if there possibly could have been an older stage stop in the vicinity of the one I know about. Just in case you're curious, and its pretty fuzzy data, but it's part of a lead I'm chasing down on the Smuggler's Canyon tale, davis mountain, etc, etc.

I'm pretty familiar with the Steins Pass area and have been over to Doubtful Canyon a few times, but last I knew Doubtful was on private property and we had to get special permission to get in. Would really like to see the station down there on the lake bed-not familiar with that one.

If there's any good dowsers, I'd sure like to talk to you about another tale about 2 cowboys who found a gold bar down Smugglers canyon way circa 1910-3rd hand info for me.

S

SASQUASH

RANDY I hunt the Butter Field stops in So. Cal. allot. I have found a spot that is not in any books & there is no info. I can find on it. But I have been finding things on this spot that is consestent with a stage stop. I know that this stage stops where also the post office I find that there where sometimes 3 or 4 different locations over the years I think there where more stops then we think. Keep on diging the relics are just rotting. SASQUASH

Zwing

Apr 10, 2005
................did you ever recieve my email? I touched on this subject and there was never a reply? Z

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread