Sterling Name Plate Bracelet and Ring Wading

mike b

Sep 21, 2012
STATEN ISLAND NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ONLY MINELABS, and now one Detector Pro Underwater.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The warmest and clearest water of the year is now and my calendar is jammed for the next six days, so I had to get out yesterday. The ring and bracelet are both marked sterling. both were way out off the shore 150-200' in chest deep water at low tide. The pictures are after I cleaned them up. I've found about a dozen bracelets like these and I find that they fall into two categories, First name only and full complete name. The "complete" name ones (except this one) all had a service number and branch of service on them. Sometimes a rank. I had about six of them in a box years ago until I decided to clean them up and realized what they really were. All of them were so eaten up there would be at least one point of the name that they were not fully traceable. But one was, he was in the Army during WW11 and was blown up by a land mine surviving in a hospital in Europe for over a year until he was sent back home and became a Doctor ! He passed before I returned it. His daughter wears it now. The family told me he returned with nothing except hospital wear, all personal items were lost, we realized if that was the case then we determined he was wearing the bracelet when he was wounded. I had chills. He must have lost it at a the beach near where he grew up after returning from the war.

Attachments

• silver.jpg
    silver.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 75
Upvote 9

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The warmest and clearest water of the year is now and my calendar is jammed for the next six days, so I had to get out yesterday. The ring and bracelet are both marked sterling. both were way out off the shore 150-200' in chest deep water at low tide. The pictures are after I cleaned them up. I've found about a dozen bracelets like these and I find that they fall into two categories, First name only and full complete name. The "complete" name ones (except this one) all had a service number and branch of service on them. Sometimes a rank. I had about six of them in a box years ago until I decided to clean them up and realized what they really were. All of them were so eaten up there would be at least one point of the name that they were not fully traceable. But one was, he was in the Army during WW11 and was blown up by a land mine surviving in a hospital in Europe for over a year until he was sent back home and became a Doctor ! He passed before I returned it. His daughter wears it now. The family told me he returned with nothing except hospital wear, all personal items were lost, we realized if that was the case then we determined he was wearing the bracelet when he was wounded. I had chills. He must have lost it at a the beach near where he grew up after returning from the war.
Awesome job! I know the family cherishes it!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find! Great return! Great story! Thanks for you returning the bracelet. Great post!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread