Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great ring!! Lucky wife! Hope I find a Nox 800 under the Christmas tree!

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great ring!! Lucky wife! Hope I find a Nox 800 under the Christmas tree!
Rally nice looking ring. Lucky to have a wife who shares your interest in metal detecting. Seems like that is pretty rare. At least in my household it is.

OP
OP
D

Dirty Digger Doug

Jul 17, 2020
Grand Rapids Michigan
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She couldn't wait till Christmas to unwrap her gift. She is amazed at how sensitive these units are. She is even more amazed at what I listen for and why I find so much more than her. But now she has a good fix on what I'm doing. She'll just have to put in some time to get used to it and dig those faint signals you get from only one direction and only one angle. Digging deep is hard for her but the rewards are worth it. She found that out today. I gave up the AT Pro a year ago and she gave up on hers today. They work well but they are limited.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We'll hunting season is winding down so now it's back to detecting before it freezes up. Went to my favorite park and found this really cool Navajo style ring. A Rosie and a few wheats. Just bought the wife a equinox 800 and was out showing her what to listen for. She found some wheats and clad.
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Armstrong

Apr 24, 2020
Jurassic Park, IL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have a new user start in Park 1 and it doesn't take long to learn the machine. The most dreaded vdi is a 15 for pull tab!

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
She couldn't wait till Christmas to unwrap her gift. She is amazed at how sensitive these units are. She is even more amazed at what I listen for and why I find so much more than her. But now she has a good fix on what I'm doing. She'll just have to put in some time to get used to it and dig those faint signals you get from only one direction and only one angle. Digging deep is hard for her but the rewards are worth it. She found that out today. I gave up the AT Pro a year ago and she gave up on hers today. They work well but they are limited.
I felt the same about my AT Pro, but your right about the AT Pro. I went to the 800 but after three years realized that hunting in 50 tones was not working for me because of some hearing loss. I ended up chasing too many junk signals and I am not a dig all type person unless I am relic hunting. Sold it and bought a CTX. So far I like the CTX but only about 3 weeks on it, so too early to see if it is a good fit for me. Time and treasures found will tell.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice going on the really nice looking ring.

Well done on the gift-nothing like putting a few brownie points in the basket.

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
After 3 years with the AT Pro in mar 2018 I went to the 800. 3 weeks ago sold it and went to the CTX3030. My ears are not as good any more on high freqs so I need more visual clues and the CTX is better at that than any other detector or course the Etrac has the same display. CTX3030 is an upgrade with a few extra features to the Etrac.

My wife has zero interest in detecting, but as long as I keep her honey do list to a minimum, she does not complain about my hobby.

WG2020

Oct 9, 2018
SW Ohio
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We'll hunting season is winding down so now it's back to detecting before it freezes up. Went to my favorite park and found this really cool Navajo style ring. A Rosie and a few wheats. Just bought the wife a equinox 800 and was out showing her what to listen for. She found some wheats and clad.
Dirty Digger Doug,

Very nice hunt, the silver ring was definitely an outstanding find. Sorry about the late reply, missed your post the first go around - it just showed up in the right pane of the screen today. Just wanted to say that your ring with the crossed arrows looks like a Special Forces ring. The crossed arrows are what the Green Berets wear. Good luck with your hunts. Walt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread