🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
9AAFAAE2-C11B-46A6-83E7-D8868192FD3F.jpeg

Was detecting an old farm house cellar in my local park that is right off a hiking path. I was only about 10’ in the thick woods digging and bushwhacking my way around and I hear an ear piercing whistle even while wearing full headphones. I thought maybe I had disturbed a hawk nest but climbed down the slope to the path and a middle aged female jogger has her whistle out. “I thought you were a bear making all that noise…” Then she wanted to see what I had found. I guess we both had a story that afternoon. I showed her this dirt encrusted silver brooch, she was not too impressed.

Not too many targets at this pounded spot, was super happy hearing a solid 16 signal and seeing the military button pop and definitely pleased with how the brooch cleaned up. Weird spill of old cabinet name plates and some of the usual stuff. Thx for looking.

Attachments

• 17D564C8-2CDF-42E1-A3DF-A26568474AB6.jpeg
    17D564C8-2CDF-42E1-A3DF-A26568474AB6.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 74
  • 8749F303-5B9C-4D38-A4D7-1EAEC4A6CCA6.jpeg
    8749F303-5B9C-4D38-A4D7-1EAEC4A6CCA6.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 73
  • 894ADB40-4E0E-4F98-8C54-77E17337F631.jpeg
    894ADB40-4E0E-4F98-8C54-77E17337F631.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 69
  • CD9F744E-0A96-40D3-997B-1CB4F3C7DE97.jpeg
    CD9F744E-0A96-40D3-997B-1CB4F3C7DE97.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 71
Upvote 31

Jose The Goon

Apr 1, 2017
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000D, 6000Di, Eagle, & PI 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the great brooch, military button & Indian. The sterling brooch is fabulous. "I showed her this dirt encrusted silver brooch, she was not too impressed."
Well, just be thankful she's not your wife or girlfriend. Sounds like a golddigger to me, where nothing will ever be good enough for her.
Cheers !!

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
View attachment 2040870
Was detecting an old farm house cellar in my local park that is right off a hiking path. I was only about 10’ in the thick woods digging and bushwhacking my way around and I hear an ear piercing whistle even while wearing full headphones. I thought maybe I had disturbed a hawk nest but climbed down the slope to the path and a middle aged female jogger has her whistle out. “I thought you were a bear making all that noise…” Then she wanted to see what I had found. I guess we both had a story that afternoon. I showed her this dirt encrusted silver brooch, she was not too impressed.

Not too many targets at this pounded spot, was super happy hearing a solid 16 signal and seeing the military button pop and definitely pleased with how the brooch cleaned up. Weird spill of old cabinet name plates and some of the usual stuff. Thx for looking.
Great finds 👍

Swamp Fox

Sep 22, 2019
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT Minelab Equinox 600 Garrett A T Pro Garrett A T Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2040870

nice recoveries

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
View attachment 2040870

That’s a beautiful broach and a killer infantry button! Congratulations

Jose The Goon

Apr 1, 2017
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000D, 6000Di, Eagle, & PI 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I believe your Art Nouveau era sterling brooch was made by William B Kerr & Co. of New Jersey ... Nice find and asking prices on this particular silversmith are rather high dollar on eBay.
Great ID & link "tamrock" !! Nice going.!!
From the picture in your link, looks like "pa-dirt_nc-sand"s brooch is circa 1900.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2040870

Very Nice!!!! Congrats!!!!

OP
OP
pa-dirt_nc-sand

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I believe your Art Nouveau era sterling brooch was made by William B Kerr & Co. of New Jersey ... Nice find and asking prices on this particular silversmith are rather high dollar on eBay.
Very interesting, thank you

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
View attachment 2040870

stunning brooch! really gorgeous finds, wtg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread