"Steve's" carbon-fiber Equinox shafts, and Equinox and CTX 3030 lower rods, IN STOCK

OP
OP
sgoss66

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you have any pics of the shaft with the electronics mounted....

OP
OP
sgoss66

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Toecutter,

Here you go...

A couple (pic #2 and #3) are my pictures, and a couple are from customers (shout out to tomtom -- pic #1, vferrari -- pic #4, and HighVDI -- pic #5) who provided me with the pics, and the permission to use them!

Steve

EQXcompleteshaft.jpg

shaftcomplete.jpg

installedfull.jpg

HCshaft1reduced2.jpg

JMshaftreduced.jpg

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got mine installed and all I have to say is WOW!! What a difference...Minelab take notes this is how it should have been done all along. Steve made this purchase such an easy hassle free transaction and was willing to answer all my questions along the way. Anyone on the fence about these don't be buy it you won't regret it. Once again thank you Steve for the great product I will definitely highly recommend these to anyone that ask

OP
OP
sgoss66

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
sonofadigger -- THANK YOU, for the very kind words! I really appreciate it! I probably sound like a broken record, but there's nothing I love more than a satisfied, happy customer! Thanks for giving me the chance to build a shaft for you!

Steve

Shooting Star

Mar 3, 2019
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Blue Shaft!

I just installed Steve's Carbon-Fiber Shaft with counter-weight. It looks so cool! I chose the blue version. Definitely a quality product. Here's a photo comparing the stock Equinox 800 (top) with the version with Steve's shafts (bottom). I can tell already the cam-lock lever works so much better than Minelab's twist lock. I'll report back later on how it performs.

steverods1-2.jpg

OP
OP
sgoss66

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Shooting Star --

THANKS for the kind words, and for including the picture. Wow, it DOES look good, with that blue shaft on it! ;)

I'm really glad you are happy with it!

Steve

Dragonscout

Nov 1, 2018
Warner Robins, Ga
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO (formerly) - Tesoro Mojave, and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe I missed the memo, but what are the prices for the Equinox shafts? And those are awesome looking rods!!

OP
OP
sgoss66

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dragonscout -- THANKS for your interest!

Prices on the shafts vary, depending upon the options...

A standard, black, complete carbon-fiber shaft (an upper with 4 cuff-adjustment holes, 1 control-box handle hole, and no button holes), regular rubber end cap, and a standard-length (26") lower rod, is $129 plus shipping. To make the shaft "counterweight-ready" (i.e. adding the installation of a threaded fitting in the butt-end of the shaft, and a matching threaded end cap) adds $10.

Some other options include:

* The addition of button holes to the shaft (not needed due to the heavy-duty clamping cam lock that I use, but still available as an option for those who like the button holes) for $10 additional.
* Extra/additional lower rods (for your extra coils) can be added for $55 each.
* Colored shafts, once I have them available, will add $26 to the cost of the shaft.

If you have any additional questions, please let me know, and I'll be glad to help.

Thanks!

Steve

lockster99

Dec 8, 2013
SE Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Do you have an option for installing a counter weight on a factory Equinox shaft?

OP
OP
sgoss66

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lockster,

Thank you for your interest!

The threaded fittings I use to attach the counterweight to the shaft are designed specifically for the exact inside diameter of my shafts; I also use a specialized epoxy for attaching these fittings, as the engineering-grade plastic they are made of (Delrin) is what is known as a "low surface-energy plastic," which means it is very difficult to achieve a solid bond -- except for using high-dollar, specialized epoxies, and specific surface prep methods...

I'm not sure what the inside diameter of the stock shaft is, and I'm not sure how I could get you supplied with proper epoxy (mine requires an epoxy gun for application).

If you wish to try and pursue the idea, please send me a PM or email, to [email protected], so we can see if there's any way for me to try and help you out.

Another option is that I may be able to get you a pretty nice discount on a shaft; I have a couple of tubes with minor flaws, that I have culled out from my tube orders over time as I will not use them for a full-price shaft. However, I could perhaps build you a shaft with one of those, that you might be interested in -- at a reduced price...

Thanks!

Steve

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have a PM mate - I want a red-black one!!

Matt

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's the weight difference between the carbon and equinox shaft?

OP
OP
sgoss66

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Matt -- THANKS for the PM.

My carbon-fiber complete shaft is about 25% lighter than the stock shaft...

Thanks!

Steve

OP
OP
sgoss66

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all!

Just a note that complete carbon-fiber shafts for the Equinox are in stock, and spare lower rods for the Equinox, and CTX 3030, are both available as well. Colored tubes are also on the way, for production of a limited supply of colored, complete carbon-fiber shafts for the Equinox. If you are interested in any of these, please let me know!

THANKS!

Steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread