Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went back to school with the CZ21 and expanded the main grid section. I spent all my time on the grid and the nickels and tabs were plentiful. In the 5 hours I was there I found 92 coins with a face value of $6.50, a kiddie ring, a cheapie earring, a bus token, a wheatie, the copper jacket from what looks like a .45 caliber bullet, an aluminum house number, lots of tabs and some can slaw.

E06754E2-7CBE-4CD7-8D3C-702D67040F4D.jpeg

The distribution of coins was unusual. Lots and lots of nickels. 13 quarters, 14 dimes, 30 nickels and 35 pennies. I also dug a nice number of tabs, 57 in all for the day. So I worked hard for the money and dug lots of trash to be sure I didn’t miss any coins or goodies.

The METRO token is from 1973 and says METROBUS SERVING OUR STUDENTS. It was the best find of the day.

5DE9D8A8-913C-4C43-8AE5-0037D84E7FD2.jpeg 8434AF81-2592-446C-B52A-96D04CBD1250.jpeg

I took another trip to the civil war bullet school. I continued a grid in a less productive section. You have to cover every inch if you want to get as many goodies as possible. The last time I worked in this area I didn’t find much but I did get a civil war bullet.

This trip was mostly about the clad. I spent 4 hours with the CZ21 and managed to find 53 coins with a face value of $2.44, a Dream Machine token, a Fashion Bug key chain, an old teaspoon, tabs and the usual junk.

26319365-1AEB-40DB-A389-10DBFC5EB9B2.jpeg

The spoon has a nice chunk out of the bowl. It is marked “Wm. A. Rogers silver nickel”. An interesting find, but nothing special.

510E1603-6A93-4414-AC36-9B9932EA2500.jpeg

I went to a group of sports field in a nearby town and spent 3 hour wandering around looking for some good spots. All together I found 73 coins with a face value of $3.63, a flag pole clip, a toy car, a tiny bead, a Canadian penny, a few tabs and can slaw.

85EA88DB-B928-4A54-867E-FF73BC9D4112.jpeg

The city just took possession of a 1920s property and I got permission to detect there. It’s not a very big yard, but who knows what will come out of the ground. They will be tearing the house down and paving most of it to improve the road in that area so I need to get it done thoroughly right away or the opportunity will be gone.

I spent 5 hours starting the grid and covered most of one side. I found 18 coins with a face value of $1.26, part of toilet seat hardware, part of a marching band music holder, a piece of umbrella hardware, a military style civilian buttton, a plated heart pendant, a badly eaten up religious pendant, 2 wheat pennies (1934, 1957), a small piece of a pewter spoon, a chromed brass name plate, part of a watch, a toy kitchen knife, a porcelain lid liner (MASON GENUINE PORCELAIN LINED CAP) and a nice pile of can slaw and foil.

7B3271A7-F8DC-4D35-9FE1-06A796350C78.jpeg

The name plate is from THE BISHOP & BABCOCK COMPANY CLEVELAND O. The made beer taps, soda fountain equipment and later auto air conditioner parts. They operated in the late 1800s until about 1935.

07DCAAB6-839E-4397-9797-6B95E4F5EE9E.jpeg

The pewter spoon piece is definitely oldest find of the day, but it could have been from great grandmothers spoon that the kids played with and broke in the 20s when the house was built. It could have been lost when the town was first established and just ended up here by chance. No way to know for sure.

ED87E0D2-CA74-485D-909F-EBE5AB9E9F6F.jpeg

I made contact with the jeweler who made the wedding band I found a couple of weeks ago and he was very cooperative. I sent him some pictures of the engraving and the company markings inside the ring. He replied that the ring was from the old downtown store and he doesn’t have records from that time period so no luck there. If the owner contacts home for a replacement he will put them in contact with me.

So no skunk, but by my standards it was a poor week. Decent clad, but no silver or gold and nothing very old and Interesting. I will be camping with the family this weekend and I should be able to get in some early morning water hunts before the beach gets crowded (they say it will be the hottest weekend of the summer). Maybe I’ll get lucky and find some nice jewelry. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and keep swingin.

Upvote 10

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went back to school with the CZ21 and expanded the main grid section. I spent all my time on the grid and the nickels and tabs were plentiful. In the 5 hours I was there I found 92 coins with a face value of $6.50, a kiddie ring, a cheapie earring, a bus token, a wheatie, the copper jacket from what looks like a .45 caliber bullet, an aluminum house number, lots of tabs and some can slaw.

View attachment 2037951

The distribution of coins was unusual. Lots and lots of nickels. 13 quarters, 14 dimes, 30 nickels and 35 pennies. I also dug a nice number of tabs, 57 in all for the day. So I worked hard for the money and dug lots of trash to be sure I didn’t miss any coins or goodies.

The METRO token is from 1973 and says METROBUS SERVING OUR STUDENTS. It was the best find of the day.

View attachment 2037952 View attachment 2037953

I took another trip to the civil war bullet school. I continued a grid in a less productive section. You have to cover every inch if you want to get as many goodies as possible. The last time I worked in this area I didn’t find much but I did get a civil war bullet.

This trip was mostly about the clad. I spent 4 hours with the CZ21 and managed to find 53 coins with a face value of $2.44, a Dream Machine token, a Fashion Bug key chain, an old teaspoon, tabs and the usual junk.

View attachment 2037954

The spoon has a nice chunk out of the bowl. It is marked “Wm. A. Rogers silver nickel”. An interesting find, but nothing special.

View attachment 2037955

I went to a group of sports field in a nearby town and spent 3 hour wandering around looking for some good spots. All together I found 73 coins with a face value of $3.63, a flag pole clip, a toy car, a tiny bead, a Canadian penny, a few tabs and can slaw.

View attachment 2037959

The city just took possession of a 1920s property and I got permission to detect there. It’s not a very big yard, but who knows what will come out of the ground. They will be tearing the house down and paving most of it to improve the road in that area so I need to get it done thoroughly right away or the opportunity will be gone.

I spent 5 hours starting the grid and covered most of one side. I found 18 coins with a face value of $1.26, part of toilet seat hardware, part of a marching band music holder, a piece of umbrella hardware, a military style civilian buttton, a plated heart pendant, a badly eaten up religious pendant, 2 wheat pennies (1934, 1957), a small piece of a pewter spoon, a chromed brass name plate, part of a watch, a toy kitchen knife, a porcelain lid liner (MASON GENUINE PORCELAIN LINED CAP) and a nice pile of can slaw and foil.

View attachment 2037956

The name plate is from THE BISHOP & BABCOCK COMPANY CLEVELAND O. The made beer taps, soda fountain equipment and later auto air conditioner parts. They operated in the late 1800s until about 1935.

View attachment 2037957

The pewter spoon piece is definitely oldest find of the day, but it could have been from great grandmothers spoon that the kids played with and broke in the 20s when the house was built. It could have been lost when the town was first established and just ended up here by chance. No way to know for sure.

View attachment 2037958

I made contact with the jeweler who made the wedding band I found a couple of weeks ago and he was very cooperative. I sent him some pictures of the engraving and the company markings inside the ring. He replied that the ring was from the old downtown store and he doesn’t have records from that time period so no luck there. If the owner contacts home for a replacement he will put them in contact with me.

So no skunk, but by my standards it was a poor week. Decent clad, but no silver or gold and nothing very old and Interesting. I will be camping with the family this weekend and I should be able to get in some early morning water hunts before the beach gets crowded (they say it will be the hottest weekend of the summer). Maybe I’ll get lucky and find some nice jewelry. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and keep swingin.
great bunch of finds, wtg and thanks for posting

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 2037951

View attachment 2037952 View attachment 2037953

View attachment 2037954

View attachment 2037955

View attachment 2037959

View attachment 2037956

View attachment 2037957

View attachment 2037958

Nice!!! Congrats!!! Fun Stuff!!!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
t_o.gif
Nice assortment of finds TNT-Hunter. And, thanks for providing the history - always very very interesting. Thanks for sharing...

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lots of holes dug, tons of finds- Strong work!

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you had a busy day and got some nice finds. Thanks for sharing

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread