Still Going After 50 Years

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IMG_1007.JPG IMG_1006.JPG I bought this stapler in 1971 which makes it 50 years old. I bought it at W.T. Grant which was a chain of stores that opened in Lynn, Massachusetts in 1906. At their peak they had more than 500 stores but by the 1970's because of a lot more competition the number of stores dwindled until they closed their last one in 1976. Though the stapler is showing some signs of wear, it still works as good as the day I got it.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh yeah. And the "Bucky Bradford House" restaurant at the front of the stores.

OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh yeah. And the "Bucky Bradford House" restaurant at the front of the stores.

There were three WT Grant stores in my area and none of them had restaurants. Two were in the downtown area and one of them was located in a mall. BUT......I do remember Bradford House.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Reminds me of using a slide rule for financial computations at my job in the 60s.
Don.....

I was in the last class of the pre-college engineering program in our high-school that had to learn and use slide-rules. There was a huge eight-foot model on the wall the instructor showed us with. Used one in college as well.

Learned all about vacuum tube electronics in that HS program. Damn handy stuff, now. ;-) Though I guess the logic is still the same.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife worked part-time in H.S. as a cashier at a W.T Grants store in MA. She got some funny reactions to her name badge on her smock because her maiden name was Grant.

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I learned to use a slide rule in high school. Early in my career I worked with an older engineer that still used a slide rule and could SMOKE those young guys with their new little Texas lnsturment toys!!!

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I rem ember the Grant Store in Michigan in the 60's

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread