Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Middle of January? Most grounds frozen? I'm still tryin'!

Temps went up today so I went for a walk anyway. Counting on fortune and experience to figure out some ground I can still dig.

It was more for having something to do than getting rich. So....I figure...successful day. At least it gives you guys something to look at. ;)

Over all:

0119221958~2.jpg

That's the biggest nail I've ever found!
0119221958c~2.jpg

Couple interesting pieces.
0119221959c~2.jpg

Didn't know WHADIFOUND. Until clean up and then I saw it had a little cat face. AND...when I bumped it? It tinkled! A silver cat bell!!? Just never know.
0119222001a~2.jpg

0119222001~2.jpg

This interesting piece was almost 9 inches deep! Doesn't look like much now but I bet it was pretty when made! This piece looks to me like it was crafted, not just stamped out. The "stones" were set, not glued. They're even open in the back like true gem settings. I just wish I knew its story. :dontknow:
Looks old to me!

0119221959b~2.jpg

Then....to top off the day? Back at the car and there on the lot sat this just smiling up at me! LOL!

Yeah....not much. But a fun day!

Thanks for peeking!

Upvote 19

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Temps went up today so I went for a walk anyway. Counting on fortune and experience to figure out some ground I can still dig.

It was more for having something to do than getting rich. So....I figure...successful day. At least it gives you guys something to look at. ;)

Over all:

View attachment 2004589
View attachment 2004590
View attachment 2004591
Didn't know WHADIFOUND. Until clean up and then I saw it had a little cat face. AND...when I bumped it? It tinkled! A silver cat bell!!? Just never know.
View attachment 2004592
View attachment 2004593
This interesting piece was almost 9 inches deep! Doesn't look like much now but I bet it was pretty when made! This piece looks to me like it was crafted, not just stamped out. The "stones" were set, not glued. They're even open in the back like true gem settings. I just wish I knew its story. :dontknow:
Looks old to me!

View attachment 2004595
Then....to top off the day? Back at the car and there on the lot sat this just smiling up at me! LOL!

Thanks for peeking!
Nice!!! Congrats!!!!!

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Over all:

View attachment 2004589
View attachment 2004590
View attachment 2004591
View attachment 2004592
View attachment 2004593
Looks old to me!

View attachment 2004595

Thanks for peeking!
looks like a fun hunt, glad you could take advantage of some warmer temps

E-Trac-Ohio

Gold Member
Feb 9, 2020
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's good to be able to get out at all this time of year - congrats !

When the dirt - lawns and sand are frozen solid I hunt the wooded areas.
Even when it's been well below freezing for a long time, it's usually still easy to dig in the woods.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread