Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the ATPro in the fresh water swimming areas because it does pickup the smaller bits of gold and silver that the CZ21 and the Excalibur miss. Now that also means I get signals for every tiny piece of aluminum foil and such as well, but I figure that the gold and silver are worth the extra effort and since I do my best to clean out these swim areas several times every year that makes finding the goodies easier. Less junk to listen to next time.

We were camping with the family over the weekend so I got up before dawn and headed down to the water so I could get in a good hunt and still spent time with the family. Altogether I spent 9 hours swingin the ATPro working a grid in the water to try and cover every inch with a quick survey hunt of the beach. It was a hot weekend, but the mornings were not bad and the water was just about right for comfortably detecting. Because it has been hot and dry the water level is down almost 3 feet,so less water area to cover and more beach. The beach was pretty quiet, but the water was good.

In my 9 hours I managed to scoop up 90 coins with a face value of $8.47, a gold earring, a gold ring, a silver ring, a silver bead, 2 silver earrings, 3 silver earring backs, assorted cheapy jewelry, a stainless steel ring, a tungsten carbide ring, fishing gear, sinkers, tabs, tiny bits of non ferrous metal, a wheatie and of course bits of aluminum foil.

B2351698-2C7B-42AE-91CC-E7A984A32417.jpeg

The gold earring is a tiny hoop that is 14k and made in Israel. The heart ring is 10k with 14 small diamonds in it. I found it on line. It is sold at Walmart for $128. Up until now the markings have been stamped into the jewelry, but lately the markings seem to be etched in so you have to look more closely and sometime get a side angle to read them. This ring is one and I found a silver earring a short while ago marked the same way. I guess things are a changing.

82C5C7F2-A483-4322-9F18-27D4D643BB24.jpeg

The silver ring has an elephant, a 7, 4 leaf clovers and other luck charms on it. The bead is a Pandora silver bead the earrings are a simple wire design and a crescent moon stud. And of course the 3 little silver earring backs that I seem to find all the time.

27A652D1-5455-4CB7-BE75-30EFBDBAEAF4.jpeg

7D2375C5-F858-4EAA-A120-846B94E8D0DA.jpeg

I also found a 1941 wheatie. This was not deep and is like several others I have found lately. I clean this area well every year and there might be some items very deep in the hard packed clay and gravel lost long ago, but this was definitely a recent loss. Just confirms that grandfather’s coin jar got dumped at the bank or rolled and put into circulation.

1E9A7EEF-6D24-45C4-8BD0-A89A32F58796.jpeg

A very good weekend, 2 golds and 7 silvers and that makes 39 silver and 9 golds since the first of May. Of course there were tiny bits of broken metal, foil and tiny pieces of jewelry like earring backs. King of the small stuff again.

Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.

Upvote 25

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I use the ATPro in the fresh water swimming areas because it does pickup the smaller bits of gold and silver that the CZ21 and the Excalibur miss. Now that also means I get signals for every tiny piece of aluminum foil and such as well, but I figure that the gold and silver are worth the extra effort and since I do my best to clean out these swim areas several times every year that makes finding the goodies easier. Less junk to listen to next time.

We were camping with the family over the weekend so I got up before dawn and headed down to the water so I could get in a good hunt and still spent time with the family. Altogether I spent 9 hours swingin the ATPro working a grid in the water to try and cover every inch with a quick survey hunt of the beach. It was a hot weekend, but the mornings were not bad and the water was just about right for comfortably detecting. Because it has been hot and dry the water level is down almost 3 feet,so less water area to cover and more beach. The beach was pretty quiet, but the water was good.

In my 9 hours I managed to scoop up 90 coins with a face value of $8.47, a gold earring, a gold ring, a silver ring, a silver bead, 2 silver earrings, 3 silver earring backs, assorted cheapy jewelry, a stainless steel ring, a tungsten carbide ring, fishing gear, sinkers, tabs, tiny bits of non ferrous metal, a wheatie and of course bits of aluminum foil.

View attachment 2038731

The gold earring is a tiny hoop that is 14k and made in Israel. The heart ring is 10k with 14 small diamonds in it. I found it on line. It is sold at Walmart for $128. Up until now the markings have been stamped into the jewelry, but lately the markings seem to be etched in so you have to look more closely and sometime get a side angle to read them. This ring is one and I found a silver earring a short while ago marked the same way. I guess things are a changing.

View attachment 2038732

The silver ring has an elephant, a 7, 4 leaf clovers and other luck charms on it. The bead is a Pandora silver bead the earrings are a simple wire design and a crescent moon stud. And of course the 3 little silver earring backs that I seem to find all the time.

View attachment 2038733

View attachment 2038734

I also found a 1941 wheatie. This was not deep and is like several others I have found lately. I clean this area well every year and there might be some items very deep in the hard packed clay and gravel lost long ago, but this was definitely a recent loss. Just confirms that grandfather’s coin jar got dumped at the bank or rolled and put into circulation.

View attachment 2038735

A very good weekend, 2 golds and 7 silvers and that makes 39 silver and 9 golds since the first of May. Of course there were tiny bits of broken metal, foil and tiny pieces of jewelry like earring backs. King of the small stuff again.

Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.
Awesome stuff nice work! I just got my first long handled scoop going to try my luck in the water soon...

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 2038731

View attachment 2038732

View attachment 2038733

View attachment 2038734

View attachment 2038735

Very Nice!!!! Congrats!!!!!!

OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I liked the detailed description of your hunt and the good pictures.
Thanks Almy. I’m a retired educator and since we have beginners as well as experienced detectorists visiting this site I hope my information will help others in their quest for treasure. Just trying to do my part.
Awesome stuff nice work! I just got my first long handled scoop going to try my luck in the water soon...
Good luck with your water hunting. It can be tricky in the deeper water at first, but just keep swingin and scoopin and the goodies will appear.

Thanks to all for your responses. Stay safe, good luck and keep swingin.

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

View attachment 2038731

View attachment 2038732

View attachment 2038733

View attachment 2038734

View attachment 2038735

nice haul and variety of finds, well done

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

View attachment 2038731

View attachment 2038732

View attachment 2038733

View attachment 2038734

View attachment 2038735

Wow what a great hunt at the watering hole. Congratulations and keep it up!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread