Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keeping in mind that I'm still in my learning curve with this new Max and that I'm going back over some deep ground that I've been over many times with the Pro. I'm pretty pleased with the results so far.

1119211646~2.jpg

Not a lot of finds but the tiny sizes and the depths are impressing me. Even that teeny lil silver wire ring was about 4 inches down!

That piece of iron at the bottom? Easy read at about two feet!! I don't know what it was but I suspect that it is pretty old! It came out of the ground as one piece. I simply tapped my knife on it to knock a bit of dirt off and it broke in two!! I mean, like a pretzel! I was kinda shocked. 😬
No clue what it used to be. :dontknow:
1119211647~2.jpg

All the kids seem happy with their selections. Was a lil surprised that Frogger would pick what he did, but....what can ya expect? From a horny toad? :angel12:

Thanks for taking time to peek!

Upvote 17

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keeping in mind that I'm still in my learning curve with this new Max and that I'm going back over some deep ground that I've been over many times with the Pro. I'm pretty pleased with the results so far.

View attachment 1991863
Not a lot of finds but the tiny sizes and the depths are impressing me. Even that teeny lil silver wire ring was about 4 inches down!

That piece of iron at the bottom? Easy read at about two feet!! I don't know what it was but I suspect that it is pretty old! It came out of the ground as one piece. I simply tapped my knife on it to knock a bit of dirt off and it broke in two!! I mean, like a pretzel! I was kinda shocked. 😬
No clue what it used to be. :dontknow:
View attachment 1991864

All the kids seem happy with their selections. Was a lil surprised that Frogger would pick what he did, but....what can ya expect? From a horny toad? :angel12:

Thanks for taking time to peek!
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whadi, I have been using the AT Max with the little NEL Snake coil for ALL of my digging for about two years. The results speak for themselves, it is an awesome workhorse of a machine. Best of luck getting to know your Max and go scrounge some more sweet goodies! Cheers, Sub 8-)

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice Hunting! I think the iron piece is what's left of a hand hewn Ox Shoe.

Attachments

• ox shoe.jpg
    ox shoe.jpg
    312.4 KB · Views: 23

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I am glad you are finding more stuff with that ATMAX, Sir WHADI. I have had iron pieces that break like that. Well what do you do? Stuff happens.

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Hunting! I think the iron piece is what's left of a hand hewn Ox Shoe.
Ox shoe! That fits! No pun intended. πŸ˜‡

It could explain the brittleness too. As they were used soooo long ago!

Thanks!

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Good to see your still having fun. Nice Silver and Enjoy seeing "Ted" .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread