Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigcypresshunter said:
How does Paypal work? Can someone explain it to me please.

I have paypal and I use it on eBay. But how do I use it here or outside of eBay? How can someone pay me with Paypal?

Your e-mail address is what people send money too. Your Paypal account is set up with your e-mail address and when people send you money thru Paypal they put in your e-mail address and it goes into your account and from there you can transfer it to your bank account. Quite simple.

And when you send money to someone outside of ebay you just go to your paypal account hit the send money button and put in their e-mail address and you've paid them. Also quite simple, hope this helps.

Also if you send it as a gift there are no fees but if you send it anyother way they charge the receiver 3%. Charlie

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Marchas45 said:
bigcypresshunter said:

I have paypal and I use it on eBay. But how do I use it here or outside of eBay? How can someone pay me with Paypal?

Your e-mail address is what people send money too. Your Paypal account is set up with your e-mail address and when people send you money thru Paypal they put in your e-mail address and it goes into your account and from there you can transfer it to your bank account. Quite simple.

And when you send money to someone outside of ebay you just go to your paypal account hit the send money button and put in their e-mail address and you've paid them. Also quite simple, hope this helps.

Also if you send it as a gift there are no fees but if you send it anyother way they charge the receiver 3%. Charlie
I have an item Im selling to a guy in Belgium. So all I need to do is give him my email address? Sounds good. Thank you much. :icon_thumright:

When the money is in my PayPal account, Im assuming I can ship.

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigcypresshunter said:
Marchas45 said:
bigcypresshunter said:

I have an item Im selling to a guy in Belgium. So all I need to do is give him my email address? Sounds good. Thank you much. :icon_thumright:

When the money is in my PayPal account, Im assuming I can ship.

Yes that is correct give him your paypal e-mail address but wait till it's in your Paypal account before shipping. Good Luck :thumbsup:

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Marchas45 said:
Yes that is correct give him your paypal e-mail address but wait till it's in your Paypal account before shipping. Good Luck[/color] :thumbsup:
Sounds easy. Thanks.

Another question. Does Paypal guarantee delivery? Do we still need insurance?

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigcypresshunter said:
Marchas45 said:
Yes that is correct give him your paypal e-mail address but wait till it's in your Paypal account before shipping. Good Luck[/color] :thumbsup:
Sounds easy. Thanks.

Paypal has nothing to do with the mail system just transfer of monies and you are protected thru Paypal when you send money.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Marchas45 said:
bigcypresshunter said:
Marchas45 said:
Sounds easy. Thanks.

Paypal has nothing to do with the mail system just transfer of monies and you are protected thru Paypal when you send money.
I understand that but Im a little confused. When the coins did not arrive from Joseph Novak, Paypal paid, correct? Will Paypal pay if the package does not arrive? What kind of protection does Paypal offer?

Im reluctant to send overseas but I have been offered a good price. I just want to make sure the buyer is covered if it does not arrive.

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigcypresshunter said:
Marchas45 said:
bigcypresshunter said:
Marchas45 said:
Sounds easy. Thanks.

I understand that but Im a little confused. When the coins did not arrive from Joseph Novak, Paypal paid, correct? Will Paypal pay if the package does not arrive? What kind of protection does Paypal offer?

Im reluctant to send overseas but I have been offered a good price. I just want to make sure the buyer is covered if it does not arrive.

Yes Paypal refunded my money when Novak didn't send the item. In your case you will be sending an item and the receiver will be protected through Paypal when he sends money to you. If the package gets lost and is never received the sender of the money opens a claim with Paypal. Make sure you a have a signature confirmation or insurance on your item when you send it as that will protect you also, especially overseas. Charlie

P.S. You should go into Paypal and read about the warranties they have concerning buying and selling.

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After Approx 9 Years Novack Nabbed

Big UPDATE on Joseph Novak. They finally nabbed the B******. See attached if you need to contact someone. Charlie Keep Stacking

Novack.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread