Stone map

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmenokla

Dec 21, 2015
SE Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20160912_160343.jpg 20160912_160728.jpg 20160912_160844 (1).jpg 20160912_160844 (1).jpg 20160912_161128.jpg

Need help with this map... to me it looks like 3 hills, a water source like a creek, then 1 hill. on my property I have 3 hills to the west, a large creek, then 1 hill on the east. Unsure if Native American or what... Thank you:hello2: 20160912_155432.jpg 20160912_160255.jpg 20160912_160555.jpg 20160912_160916.jpg
20160914_095823.jpg
20160914_104955.jpg
20160914_104433.jpg
20160914_103210.jpg
20160914_103901.jpg
20160914_104557.jpg

Attachments

• 20160914_095748.jpg
    20160914_095748.jpg
    664.2 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:
Upvote 6

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mod.. I said they, not you as being mature. Let understand each other. Thanks for your service as a Veteran.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mod.. I said they, not you as being mature. Let understand each other. Thanks for your service as a Veteran.

Then I retract my comment about insulting me but please do not issue threats of any type, they are highly frowned upon by admins and mods...

Last edited:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Then I retract my comment about insulting me but please do not issue threats of any type, they are highly frowned on by admins and mods...

Sorry to butt in & lighten the mood but I had a monty python moment visualizing all the MODs highly frowning.....lol

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to butt in & lighten the mood but I had a monty python moment visualizing all the MODs highly frowning.....lol

Never hurts to lighten the mood...:laughing7: :icon_thumright:

mspence

Aug 25, 2011
What you guys aren't understanding is that this particular rock may look just like a rock to others but it identifies itself as a map. It's not easy for rocks to come out and identify themselves as such

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
What you guys aren't understanding is that this particular rock may look just like a rock to others but it identifies itself as a map. It's not easy for rocks to come out and identify themselves as such

We are all liberal minded folks on this forum. That rock needs to come out of the closet, announce to the world that it is a map, was always a map, and be proud of its orientation.

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that the kind of humor we need

mspence

Aug 25, 2011
We are all liberal minded folks on this forum. That rock needs to come out of the closet, announce to the world that it is a map, was always a map, and be proud of its orientation.

I'm sure as soon as the said "rock" understands that we are a most understanding group of thinkers, then and only then will "rock" feel comfortable coming out as a map "rock". I for one stand behind errrr beside you rock.

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As long as it don't weight you down

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, but there's no logic to leaving a treasure map in the area where the treasure is located. And insulting everyone who disagrees with you doesn't put you in a very good light. It just makes you come across as a board bully who is trying to intimidate the naysayers away from this thread. We all have a right to express our opinion on this rock because the OP asked for our help.

My opinion: IT"S JUST A PLAIN OLD ROCK!

DownNDirty

Bronze Member
Jun 1, 2015
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why is this thread still open? Geez.................... :icon_scratch::dontknow::censored:

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, 13 pages of someone desperately trying to convince us that it's a treasure map rock and that we're all fools for not believing it...

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why is this thread still open? Geez.................... :icon_scratch::dontknow::censored:

Because many of us are enjoying the debate. You gotta laugh when a rock gets 3 pages (I've set mine up different than the default), & some extremely rare finds struggle to make 1 page. That's just life for you.
I personally think its a natural rock, but as the pictures were not good enough I was willing to except without putting my hands on it, that it might have been carved & I couldn't see the tooling.
I respect Backwoodbobs experience on carved rocks but I'm sadden that someone with so much experience is unwilling to except he may have made a mistake. ie. It's a natural rock that looks like other carved examples.
I keep an open mind on everything, & I like to think that when I'm wrong (pretty often), that I'm the first to put my hand up.

To the OP.
Just email a good picture to a Geologist & your get the answer. Just remember if you don't like the answer, your never learn anything in this game.

We are on the side of truth. Facts are what we try & deal in.

Last edited:

TrpnBils

Jan 2, 2005
Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Every person chasing dreams etched into a rock by worms is a person that isn't MDing in the same places I am and I'm okay with that. BRING ON THE ROCKS!

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus

These types of post all follow a similar pattern before they expire. Sort of like grief. There are several steps you have to go through before you can move on.

• Original post
  • Polite rebuttals
  • Defensive stand
  • Incredulous responses
  • Defensive lashing out
  • Derision
  • Threats (perceived or real)
  • Humor
  • Pleas for a mercy killing of the post
  • More humor
  • Final thoughts from OP.
  • Polite rebuttals again
  • Then finally you hear “psssssssttttttt” as all the air leaks from the post as it takes its rightful place in the TNet grave yard.

DownNDirty

Bronze Member
Jun 1, 2015
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These types of post all follow a similar pattern before they expire. Sort of like grief. There are several steps you have to go through before you can move on.

• Original post
  • Polite rebuttals
  • Defensive stand
  • Incredulous responses
  • Defensive lashing out
  • Derision
  • Threats (perceived or real)
  • Humor
  • Pleas for a mercy killing of the post
  • More humor
  • Final thoughts from OP.
  • Polite rebuttals again
  • Then finally you hear “psssssssttttttt” as all the air leaks from the post as it takes its rightful place in the TNet grave yard.

Well I wish the admin would perform a mercy killing...

etex

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Longview, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, but there's no logic to leaving a treasure map in the area where the treasure is located. And insulting everyone who disagrees with you doesn't put you in a very good light. It just makes you come across as a board bully who is trying to intimidate the naysayers away from this thread. We all have a right to express our opinion on this rock because the OP asked for our help.

My opinion: IT"S JUST A PLAIN OLD ROCK!

Southeast OK had lots of KGC activity and outlaws

OP
OP
cmenokla

cmenokla

Dec 21, 2015
SE Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, 13 pages of someone desperately trying to convince us that it's a treasure map rock and that we're all fools for not believing it...

EXCUSE ME... I certainly am NOT DESPERATE. I shared this STONE because I found it INTERESTING and HOPED members would help DECIPHER its meaning IF it truly IS A MAP. Apparently the above mentioned stone has developed its own personality here on TN. Hince I will now be refering to said stone as "Fred". Happy now? I find it very difficult to believe these are marks made by worms for this reason. There are other markings on this stone revealing other hills, waterways, etc that not only fit views from my property... but neighbors as well. Perhaps it would benefit us all if we approached this issue as IF "Fred" were a TRUE map. And as for the comment "DRAMA QUEEN" obviously since I AM WOMAN, I have learned over time I need to voice my opinion more EXPRESIVELY in order to be "HEARD" and takenSERIOUSLY by certain members of the opposite sex. Hince the phrase "I am woman... hear me ROAR"... PERIOD.

Last edited:
OP
OP
cmenokla

cmenokla

Dec 21, 2015
SE Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nell Star

One more thing... Google "ROBBERS CAVE" ... "Bell Star"... very near as the crow flies. This area is full of tales of treasure. What if an outlaw told his brother he hid a treasure in a mountain range. "Seek a Stone in the campsite under the oak tree nearest the south bend of the river"
When dealing with Fred one must put themselves in the mind of its maker. Weather a J. Priest, Outlaw, or even a Choctaw Medicine Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread