rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If anyone has any good sties for getting ID on stone tools will you post them here. I am in a dry spell waiting for the crops to grow and no hunting for me for a few months. I figured I would do some reading while I wait. I like the stone tools, knifes and scrapers. I had found a good site with different names of the scrapers but have lost it. Remember I do like pictures for examples. Thanks to all that post a site
rock

Upvote 0

eastTNJoe

Mar 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Rock...I know this is TN only, but figure there will be some similar styles being so close...not sure how accurate these IDs are, but worth a glance...it helped me initially with some names before I got the Overstreet Guide.
MIKESTNARROWHEADS

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Rock...I know this is TN only, but figure there will be some similar styles being so close...not sure how accurate these IDs are, but worth a glance...it helped me initially with some names before I got the Overstreet Guide.
MIKESTNARROWHEADS

Thats a good one. I hope there is some others coming. I book marked it, thanks

bmartin0693

Feb 22, 2012
East Bend, North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If anyone has any good sties for getting ID on stone tools will you post them here. I am in a dry spell waiting for the crops to grow and no hunting for me for a few months. I figured I would do some reading while I wait. I like the stone tools, knifes and scrapers. I had found a good site with different names of the scrapers but have lost it. Remember I do like pictures for examples. Thanks to all that post a site
rock

I'm in the same dilemma here. I respect the farmers during this time so I changed tactics in time for me to get a good location. A few weeks ago I took a few a my finds to someone who would educate me better. He told me I was finding stone tools and weapons that are at least 4,000 years old. For example, meta-sandstone saws, schist blades/stemmed knives, tomahawks, clubs and hand axes. The arrowheads are widely scattered about. Actually, I have been trying to find a good site to ID stone tools as well. I still haven't found one for a couple weeks now. I'm mainly wanting to know what materials can stone tools be made from also. When I can't find the "chipped materials" I end up finding rocks completely out of the ordinary here. There is piles upon piles of rocks like people dumped them out of the fields. The sands of time managed to leave remnants of these ancient farmers, hunters and gatherers. I am really interested in learning more about stone tools myself, especially for the East Coast area.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am asking for sites only not your history. :tongue3:

bmartin0693

Feb 22, 2012
East Bend, North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks 4 all the help but I should have know better after seeing who started this thread. I was trying to get a resource myself so I butted in and wanted to listen to what all stone tool sites people know about. I'm not going to bother this person again. I'll sit patiently and listen with open ears. The good student is right here. 8-)

Stone Age Weapons Table: http://www.purpleduckgames.com/stone-age-weapons

Last edited:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MIKESTNARROWHEADS

Joe
Did you meet Mike? Nice guy. I met him at the shows we had talked for years/ He had found a very nice eccentric/ Sorry rock not hijacking your thead. Rock this link will keep you busy.
Time Line Index for Stone Age Artifacts

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting