Stone Tools?

airborne1092

Sep 7, 2008
Inland NW
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A local shop has a piece that is said to have come from a farm field in the immediate vicinity of my home ( mile or two.) It may be related to one of the local Colville bands, however the owner cannot provide any evidence or proof of the piece, and I don't want to spend some good money on a 'smooth rock.' I would hate for some one to buy it, just to end up in a toy box or a sandbox if it is genuine-

If I examine the piece under magnification, what should I be looking for? Tooling marks, maybe some residue of material crushed, etc? It looks like a pestle; teardrop in shape, about 7In. in length, about an inch wide at one end and nicely rounded 2.5" on the other end. Maybe I can sneak pic~

I feel embarrassed talking about preserving my local history, family history and regional story in my own way - without getting too political, I have lost/removed any/all my illusions of Uncle Sugar's intentions and sincerity as it pertains to "the greater good."

Thank you for reading and recommending COAs.

Upvote 2

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A local shop has a piece that is said to have come from a farm field in the immediate vicinity of my home ( mile or two.) It may be related to one of the local Colville bands, however the owner cannot provide any evidence or proof of the piece, and I don't want to spend some good money on a 'smooth rock.' I would hate for some asshole to buy it, just to end up in a toy box or a sandbox if it is genuine-

If I examine the piece under magnification, what should I be looking for? Tooling marks, maybe some residue of material crushed, etc? It looks like a pestle; teardrop in shape, about 7In. in length, about an inch wide at one end and nicely rounded 2.5" on the other end. Maybe I can sneak pic~

I feel embarrassed talking about preserving my local history, family history and regional story in my own way - without getting too political, I have lost/removed any/all my illusions of Uncle Sugar's intentions and sincerity as it pertains to "the greater good."

Shoot us a pic & it could help you a lot.

OP
OP
airborne1092

airborne1092

Sep 7, 2008
Inland NW
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A local shop has a piece that is said to have come from a farm field in the immediate vicinity of my home ( mile or two.) It may be related to one of the local Colville bands, however the owner cannot provide any evidence or proof of the piece, and I don't want to spend some good money on a 'smooth rock.' I would hate for some one to buy it, just to end up in a toy box or a sandbox if it is genuine-

Went back and asked a few questions, apparently the piece is for sale by the owner of the antique store. He says some old-timer sold his collection and rhis was a part of it...

Attachments

• 20220811_142518.jpg
    20220811_142518.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 91

CloudKicker0

Jul 16, 2022
Went back and asked a few questions, apparently the piece is for sale by the owner of the antique store. He says some old-timer sold his collection and rhis was a part of it...
Looks old. Cool form and shape! If you don’t mind me asking, what’s the selling price?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you have pictures of all sides?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread