Stooge finds

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
AlgoForce E1500
Hey guys, was going through my stuff after moving today. I came across two things that tricked me from others that used to place Stooge finds.
First one. Was at a great place about 20 yrs ago called Castlemaine. Was a crazy rich goldfield.
Some guys though were leaving, before I realised, stooge nuggets. Why I can just guess they had a stupid sense of humour. Anyway, im detecting and get a great signal, few inches down and im "YES" 30 second's later dirt rubbed off im "what the!?" And this. A lead bit with gold leaf over it 😒
Imagine it with dirt on 😒

IMG_20220610_135745_785~2.jpg

Now this one. These were spread over the Central Victoria goldfields from the early 1990s to 2000. In the thousands!
What idiot did it is still a mystery to us all here. But they were buried in all areas. In reef areas in and under quartz, under rocks, in crevices, and I can only assume the person put them into cracks in virgin ground was an absolute idiot and should have spent his time detecting.
I found myself around 30, an old timer I knew found 100 or so.
Anyway, they actually became cool finds after 2000. "Hey, ever found a Dick Head?" True. Only here in central Vic huh! 😂
IMG_20220610_135720_981~2.jpg

Last edited:

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey guys, was going through my stuff after moving today. I came across two things that tricked me from others that used to place Stooge finds.
First one. Was at a great place about 20 yrs ago called Castlemaine. Was a crazy rich goldfield.
Some guys though were leaving, before I realised, stooge nuggets. Why I can just guess they had a stupid sense of humour. Anyway, im detecting and get a great signal, few inches down and im "YES" 30 second's later dirt rubbed off im "what the!?" And this. A lead bit with gold leaf over it 😒
Imagine it with dirt on 😒

View attachment 2031292
Now this one. These were spread over the Central Victoria goldfields from the early 1990s to 2000. In the thousands!
What idiot did it is still a mystery to us all here. But they were buried in all areas. In reef areas in and under quartz, under rocks, in crevices, and I can only assume the person put them into cracks in virgin ground was an absolute idiot and should have spent his time detecting.
I found myself around 30, an old timer I knew found 100 or so.
Anyway, they actually became cool finds after 2000. "Hey, ever found a Dick Head?" True. Only here in central Vic huh! 😂
View attachment 2031293
I've never found a "Dick Head" I've met plenty of them though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread