• 9214DF16-DF40-48C0-9C58-8FE143765AA9.jpeg
    9214DF16-DF40-48C0-9C58-8FE143765AA9.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 74

Ed_DE

Feb 23, 2019
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice picture. Their's a place I go in Maryland. Conowingo Dam. Every year the Bald Eagles return there for fish and people will be lined up taking pictures of them. They have Facebook page Conowingo Bald Eagles.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried taking some drone pictures of a Eagle nest. The Eagle came after my drone.I brought the drone down before anything got hurt (Eagles) NEVER AGAIN !!!

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried taking some drone pictures of a Eagle nest. The Eagle came after my drone.I brought the drone down before anything got hurt (Eagles) NEVER AGAIN !!!
That’s incredible it’s so nice to see them and their nests are so large it must take a long long time to build them.awhile we were outside in our yard and a eagle flew over so close that my wife could hear its wings flap take care

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The eagles often are not in their nest and it’s always rewarding to hopefully take a picture of one
Nice Bill. Thanks for sharing.
I am sure you already know about them. There are some great Eagle Cams on the internet. One is the Big Bear Bald Eagle Nest in California. I watch that one when nesting season happens. Another one in Florida, I think.

Thomfitz

Mar 18, 2020
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Bill. Thanks for sharing.
I am sure you already know about them. There are some great Eagle Cams on the internet. One is the Big Bear Bald Eagle Nest in California. I watch that one when nesting season happens. Another one in Florida, I think.
Caught one by camera last week while out doing chores. I had a conversation with a long time resident of the area a year or so ago, she stated that years ago there was a nesting pair here in northeast New Mexico. One of the pair lost it's life to power line pole accident. It is so refreshing to have the privilege to site one in the wild.

Attachments

• PXL_20220128_155541791.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220128_155541791.MP.jpg
    872.6 KB · Views: 38

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Caught one by camera last week while out doing chores. I had a conversation with a long time resident of the area a year or so ago, she stated that years ago there was a nesting pair here in northeast New Mexico. One of the pair lost it's life to power line pole accident. It is so refreshing to have the privilege to site one in the wild.
Yes, it is. They have become common around East Tennessee with all the lakes. Lovely birds.
I would say northeast NM a good place for them too.

Thomfitz

Mar 18, 2020
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, it is. They have become common around East Tennessee with all the lakes. Lovely birds.
I would say northeast NM a good place for them too.
Indeed it is. Most commonly sited here on the high plains and mesa country in northeast New Mexico during the winter months. Spring and summer I'm sure they travel to cooler climates North.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Indeed it is. Most commonly sited here on the high plains and mesa country in northeast New Mexico during the winter months. Spring and summer I'm sure they travel to cooler climates North.
Don't blame the birds. NM is a special place too. Love it there. Spent a little time around Chama but lots of time around Deming and SW.

Thomfitz

Mar 18, 2020
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't blame the birds. NM is a special place too. Love it there. Spent a little time around Chama but lots of time around Deming and SW.
I am about 130 miles ESE of Chama within shouting distance of the "Point of Rocks" historic landmark on the Santa Fe trail.

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice picture ..thanks for sharing they are so nice to see

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Over here I’ve heard that their mates for life and have their young during the Winter.I love to see them in flight and watch them especially when they snatch a fish out of the river

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Over here I’ve heard that their mates for life and have their young during the Winter.I love to see them in flight and watch them especially when they snatch a fish out of the river
I took these a couple years ago of them mating,I've watched them since 2016 and their offspring,such an awesome creature. View attachment 2008799

1644346486879.jpeg

1644346517136.jpeg

1644346575888.jpeg

1644346654477.jpeg

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
worldtalker
Very nice pictures

gillious

Jul 17, 2015
Wayne County NY
Detector(s) used
2x Whites 5000d series 2, sears 5000d clone, 3x 6000di
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What size lens are you using? I have a sharp shin hawk nest near my house but I don't have quite enough lens to get a good picture. I'm using a 310mm and a 1.7x teleconverter

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread