Storage unit stories

Grizz12

Dec 22, 2018
Alaska
Detector(s) used
Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I co-manage a storage unit facility and here are some of my stories.

- Sold a unit and as the young guy was cleaning it out he came into the office and said he found a skull. Being in Alaska its not uncommon to find animal mounts, skull and pieces. We said "ok?" He responded "No, its a human skull!!"

Long story short, the troopers took the skull and did whatever tests they do and determined yes it was a real human skull BUT its a collectable item, not related to any crimes.

Turns out there are people who collect human skulls and although a small market they are pretty valuable and the original purchaser of the unit wants it back now.. We're waiting for the troopers to return it to us and then the story will continue ...

- Another instance we had a couple who rented from us for years, they ended up with 5 units of all sizes. They lost them all and at the auction I could barley open the doors because they had been stuffed full of crap which spilled out. The few bids we got were very low but at least they sold.

As it turns out, behind all the crap near the door was new in the box tools and all sorts of new stuff, presumably all stolen but who knows. The people who got those units made out like bandits.

log2lumber

May 8, 2015
Detroit, MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 2 with carbon fiber shaft and upgrades
Minelab Vanquish 540(won it!)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The stuff we find

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread