Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this at a school that has produced a lot of civil war items, but the site had homes on it for a long time after the war before the school was built in the 1960s.

It is concave brass with a pattern on the front with a hook also on the front. On the back there are no markings, but it has an eye like it was attached to something.

It looks like it is some sort of decorative hook that attached to something using the eye in the back. There is a cut Williams Type III bullet in the first 2 pictures that was found at the same location, not the same hole.

If you have a clue what it is please let me know. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.

F20287EF-4172-4A5A-896E-856751EA4C3A.jpeg

AB2E4787-02DD-4C3E-881F-B7AC98025DF6.jpeg

25ECB2AC-8E22-4AC1-95B4-1C88A4AEDC2C.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been checking out different cloak clasps and I can find a match for mine , but I do believe that is is the hook end of one. So I will call this one solved. Thanks GeoW, stay safe and keep swingin.

Upvote 4
OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don’t know how to mark this solved. I tried from the info provided, but I have no edit option on the original post and no pull down menus anywhere. Any help would be appreciated.

Upvote 2

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don’t know how to mark this solved. I tried from the info provided, but I have no edit option on the original post and no pull down menus anywhere. Any help would be appreciated.
At the top of the What is it forum there,s a sticky on how to mark your what is it solved.I haven,t read it,but maybe some help.

Last edited:
Upvote 4

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I reported to the mods that you were having a hard time marking this solved.You,ll probably get some help soon.Just trying to help,no offence meant.:icon_thumleft:

Upvote 4

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thread marked solved, credit to GeoW

Upvote 2
OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally I don't think its solved but have no idea what it is, only what it isn't.
I respect your knowledge and opinion. The way it is made does suggest that it is a cloak clasp, but you know a lot more than I do about these things. So how do we make it “unsolved”.

Thanks for your input, stay safe, good luck and keep swingin.

Upvote 1

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice saves. The carved Williams Cleaner bullet you have looks exactly like the very first ball I dug back in the early 80's.

Upvote 2
OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe, I'm wrong on this one, that one looks a close enough match. Must be a more modern version.
I don’t believe this find is all that old. Maybe less than 70 or 80 years old. So still modern by your standards Crusader. The acid soil can be pretty hard on things made of copper and brass. Maybe it is solved after all. What do you think?

Thanks for your interest and input as always. Stay safe, good luck keep swingin.

Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread