Dec 22, 2016
Central NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Equinox 800
Eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's very interesting. 3 crosses and a lot more on there. Maybe religious. On second look, that looks like a ship with masts, not crosses.

Last edited:

gillious

Jul 17, 2015
Wayne County NY
Detector(s) used
2x Whites 5000d series 2, sears 5000d clone, 3x 6000di
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The three links of chain are often associated with the Odd Fellows. Sometimes the letters F L T inside the links.

Last edited:

gillious

Jul 17, 2015
Wayne County NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After a little searching I am even more inclined to think it is an I.O.O.F. (odd fellows) pin of some sort. There are still lodges around but not many. I would try to contact a lodge and maybe they would shed light on it for you.

OP
OP
M

midland dan

Tenderfoot
Mar 12, 2022
After a little searching I am even more inclined to think it is an I.O.O.F. (odd fellows) pin of some sort. There are still lodges around but not many. I would try to contact a lodge and maybe they would shed light on it for you.
Thank you much, had tried ancient symbols, and knights of the golden circle but nothing matched. I will investigate the odd fellows and see what i can find . Thanks again

gillious

Jul 17, 2015
Wayne County NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you much, had tried ancient symbols, and knights of the golden circle but nothing matched. I will investigate the odd fellows and see what i can find . Thanks again
My pleasure. I knew the three linked chain but I am also seeing similar symbology on other memorabilia but I didn't find anything with all of those on it.

OP
OP
M

midland dan

Tenderfoot
Mar 12, 2022
Looks like a pomander. One would put scented flowers or spices in it when wearing, pre-deoderant.
no room for that fits as one piece, and is only 3/4 inch wide. i found it around 10 years ago and have never met anyone who had ever seen one like it at all. found in a railroad crossroads town in southern Iowa. ,now a DNR public hunting area. I appreciate any thoughts on it as i still have no conclusive guesses.
My pleasure. I knew the three linked chain but I am also seeing similar symbology on other memorabilia but I didn't find anything with all of those on it.
glad you knew about the oodfellows, I asked an old oddfellow member and he said he didn't recognize any of the other symbols. but one looks like a celtic awen symbol and the bat looking ones resemble a viking symbol for equally armed. the oodest thing i have ever found

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread