Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this out in the Sierra mountains near Tahoe. The pendant looks to be gold plated brass with most of the plating gone. The chain tests as better than 14k and it's endless. Seems like an odd thing to make an endless gold chain through a brass pendant, but it might have been a very special piece to somebody.
johns pendant1.jpeg

john's pendant3.jpeg

The only thing I could come up with on the design is that it's the 9th letter of the Lithuanian alphabet, also used in the Colognian language of Cologne, Germany.
This area was logged heavily during the mining heydays of Virginia City and loggers came from all over the globe, so...
john's pendant2.jpeg

john's pendant4.jpeg

There are no markings of any kind on the pendant or chain. Any other insights you might have are welcome!
Thanks for the look. Gotta get back at it now(all charged up and ready for more!).

Upvote 15

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Found this out in the Sierra mountains near Tahoe. The pendant looks to be gold plated brass with most of the plating gone. The chain tests as better than 14k and it's endless. Seems like an odd thing to make an endless gold chain through a brass pendant, but it might have been a very special piece to somebody.
View attachment 1985761
View attachment 1985762
The only thing I could come up with on the design is that it's the 9th letter of the Lithuanian alphabet, also used in the Colognian language of Cologne, Germany.
This area was logged heavily during the mining heydays of Virginia City and loggers came from all over the globe, so...
View attachment 1985770
View attachment 1985771
There are no markings of any kind on the pendant or chain. Any other insights you might have are welcome!
Thanks for the look. Gotta get back at it now(all charged up and ready for more!).
Wish I could help you with it. Itโ€™s cool though

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1985761
View attachment 1985762
View attachment 1985770
View attachment 1985771
Congratulations on your beautiful recovery well done

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Different is always cool, nice recovery.
The restoration of the tools and relics on the table are great looking. ๐Ÿ‘

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1985761
View attachment 1985762
View attachment 1985770
View attachment 1985771
Very Nice Chain!!! Congrats!!!

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the "e' " is Latin...

also Cheyenne....
perhaps looking into the name 'Epsilon"
this can lead to Latin or Greek translations over time....

As the outside shape may be Delta...it may be Delta Epsilon???

That may help your search

(Klingon?)

Last edited:
OP
OP
oldmxrat

oldmxrat

Silver Member
Oct 25, 2020
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Different is always cool, nice recovery.
The restoration of the tools and relics on the table are great looking. ๐Ÿ‘
Thanks pepper, I've got my electrolysis tank going non-stop most months.

OP
OP
oldmxrat

oldmxrat

Silver Member
Oct 25, 2020
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the "e' " is Latin...

also Cheyenne....
perhaps looking into the name 'Epsilon"
this can lead to Latin or Greek translations over time....

As the outside shape may be Delta...it may be Delta Epsilon???

That may help your search

(Klingon?)
Interesting, thanks, I'll dig into that!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread