Strange Trail

skyhawk1251

Nov 9, 2018
Kingman, AZ
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Using Google Earth, I found a trail that runs from Boulder Canyon northward to Yellow Peak. This trail is not mapped. If anyone knows who built this trail and why it was built, please post here.

The first GE image below shows Yellow Peak enclosed by the red box. The second GE image shows the trail viewed from the south. The third GE image shows the trail viewed from the north. Areas of disturbed ground along the trail could indicate possible "diggings."

001.png

002.png

003.png

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
Good morning Skyhawk,
It could be an old Indian trail.
In the German clues, supposedly Waltz makes use of an Indian trail.
Who knows, maybe you’ve located the one he spoke of ?
Idahodutch

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Using Google Earth, I found a trail that runs from Boulder Canyon northward to Yellow Peak. This trail is not mapped. If anyone knows who built this trail and why it was built, please post here.

The first GE image below shows Yellow Peak enclosed by the red box. The second GE image shows the trail viewed from the south. The third GE image shows the trail viewed from the north. Areas of disturbed ground along the trail could indicate possible "diggings."

View attachment 1994426

View attachment 1994427

View attachment 1994430
Lidar imaging flight over that will show even more

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 1994426

View attachment 1994427

View attachment 1994430
Skyhawk
That trail is the Black Mesa Trail and is very used by hikers.

Attachments

• Trail.jpg
    Trail.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 75

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
do you have access to a lidar system??
Aha! Well, no, but local Land managers might have hired a flight over that area.
Rather special technology = $$$
With some flightline comparisons between stereo or GOOGLE EARTH, will help narrow-down your trail.
Good luck!

OP
OP
skyhawk1251

skyhawk1251

Nov 9, 2018
Kingman, AZ
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
that trail must still get a lot of traffic, or it would be overgrown with cacti and brush ... -- dredgernaut

dredgernaut -- Yes, I noticed that, and I also noticed that some sections of the trail have many fallen rocks.

That trail is the Black Mesa Trail and is very used by hikers. -- markmar

markmar -- You solved the mystery. I have two topo maps of that area, and neither one shows that trail.

Trail.jpg

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that trail must still get a lot of traffic, or it would be overgrown with cacti and brush ... -- dredgernaut

dredgernaut -- Yes, I noticed that, and I also noticed that some sections of the trail have many fallen rocks.

That trail is the Black Mesa Trail and is very used by hikers. -- markmar

markmar -- You solved the mystery. I have two topo maps of that area, and neither one shows that trail.

View attachment 1994660
It's the GE topo map. Download it to your GE software and use it by checking its window, like you do when you want to see photos or roads.
Works only for USA.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread