Stutenroth impact crusher

Load77

Apr 10, 2021
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone here used one of these? I got a price from the guy who makes them. $6400 for the 2tph model, which seems extremely reasonable if it really puts out near 2tph. Its designed to take a 1/2”- material. He told me to send him a 40lbs sample, and he’d run it through and send back to show me what I could expect to see coming out of it.
I was able to find one very short youtube video that shows it. Looks pretty stout and well built.
Just curious if anyone could give some real feedback on it?

Thanks,

load77

Socorro

Feb 23, 2017
SouthWest Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone here used one of these? I got a price from the guy who makes them. $6400 for the 2tph model, which seems extremely reasonable if it really puts out near 2tph. Its designed to take a 1/2”- material. He told me to send him a 40lbs sample, and he’d run it through and send back to show me what I could expect to see coming out of it.
I was able to find one very short youtube video that shows it. Looks pretty stout and well built.
Just curious if anyone could give some real feedback on it?

Thanks,

load77
I've owned a couple of Archie's Impact Mills. They are well built and do very well for their intended purposes. With the 2TPH unit, I would recommend a 15 HP 3P Motor. Having the power to run one is usually the issue for a lot of folks.

Second, he doesn't offer a re-feed system, at least not that I know of. Due to the normal impact mill operations, you will get only about 30 percent output that you want to see, then you will need to take and screen and re-feed back through for whatever your final grind you need for liberation. Re-feeding is always the biggest bottleneck in the impact mills.

That being said, for a single pass impact hammer, Archie Stutenroth has the best available here in this country for sure.

OP
OP
L

Load77

Apr 10, 2021
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've owned a couple of Archie's Impact Mills. They are well built and do very well for their intended purposes. With the 2TPH unit, I would recommend a 15 HP 3P Motor. Having the power to run one is usually the issue for a lot of folks.

Second, he doesn't offer a re-feed system, at least not that I know of. Due to the normal impact mill operations, you will get only about 30 percent output that you want to see, then you will need to take and screen and re-feed back through for whatever your final grind you need for liberation. Re-feeding is always the biggest bottleneck in the impact mills.

That being said, for a single pass impact hammer, Archie Stutenroth has the best available here in this country for sure.
Thanks for the info!
How many tons would you estimate you can run before you have to replace wear parts?
In your experience what percentage are you getting to 30 mesh with one pass? With a typical quartz ore.
Also, is there any significant difference in output running wet or dry?

Thanks again!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread