TrashureSeeker

Jan 11, 2016
Germany
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, EuroAce 350, magnets on ropes
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi guys,

I have an upcoming vacation in September and am wondering where I should be headed for some beach detecting. I know my way around the isle of Mallorca a bit, Italy has been recommended to me and within reason I can go wherever in Europe.
Couple questions: Is there a chance to get a share of the pie on Mallorca if any of you have been there? Sounds like a lot of stuff would be lost there and I doubt it's a secret place. Also: I have a 5x8 coil for my AT Pro and could afford one additional one, what would you choose? Any tips or recommendations would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd check some of the laws that the countries have about metal detecting and then make a decision. I'd probably choose a place on the Mediterranean that tourist visit. A big coil would be a great addition to your 5X8. Being in Europe, I'd go with the NEL 15" Attack coil or maybe the NEL Big. Should be great on big dry sand beaches. Use your other coil for water and junky areas.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anywhere but my beach :P

And my beach extends from northwest Florida... To southwest Florida. :P

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd leave the AT Pro at home as it may false to much to tell a good target from a ghost beep. An Excel, CZ-20/21 or Beachhunter ID would be a much better choice for saltwater.
Good Luck.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Oddjob was mentioning a place the other day - about a week ago, I think. Sounded like a really awesome place, but I believe it was in Germany, and I believe he was posting to you, so guess you want to go farther than that. Anyway, PM Oddjob. He's got lots of 'intel' for ya! :laughing7:

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Costa del Sol in southern Spain. Even if you don't find anything, the beach is great AND topless.

OP
OP
T

TrashureSeeker

Jan 11, 2016
Germany
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, EuroAce 350, magnets on ropes
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'd check some of the laws that the countries have about metal detecting and then make a decision. I'd probably choose a place on the Mediterranean that tourist visit. A big coil would be a great addition to your 5X8. Being in Europe, I'd go with the NEL 15" Attack coil or maybe the NEL Big. Should be great on big dry sand beaches. Use your other coil for water and junky areas.

The dry sand is always so junky, I think at least the nel big would be too big. I've been looking at their storm coil, after watching a few hooverboys videos it seems like a pretty good compromise size wise. Thanks for the recommendation however.

Anywhere but my beach :P

And my beach extends from northwest Florida... To southwest Florida. :P

No chance we'll run into each other then, I have no plan to cross the big sea just for a week or two :)

I'd leave the AT Pro at home as it may false to much to tell a good target from a ghost beep. An Excel, CZ-20/21 or Beachhunter ID would be a much better choice for saltwater.
Good Luck.

Only thing I got for now. I've been thinking about crossing into Minelab territory should I find enough to upgrade, but who knows.

Oddjob was mentioning a place the other day - about a week ago, I think. Sounded like a really awesome place, but I believe it was in Germany, and I believe he was posting to you, so guess you want to go farther than that. Anyway, PM Oddjob. He's got lots of 'intel' for ya! :laughing7:

Already did :)

Costa del Sol in southern Spain. Even if you don't find anything, the beach is great AND topless.

Completely free of bottletops?! Okay, that settles my plan.

Thanks y'all

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread