Suggested mods or tips for Keene 3" dredge/highbanker combo?

Vance in AK

Feb 15, 2010
Kenai, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB II. Whites GM II.
Last year bought half interest in a claim. My partner had a heart attack & decided he wont be able to do much so he sold me the other half.
There is dredgable creek on the claim, but my primary interest at this point is highbanking the benches.
Yesterday I made the mistake of stopping in Alaska Mining & diving's new mining products only showroom and left with a complete new Keene 3" highbanker/dredge combo unit. Huge upgrade from my old A-52 sluice with a 30yr old keene add on hopper and small honda trash pump.
I had looked at a lot of videos & reviews on the Keene 3" before I bought, but wondering if there are any specific mods/tricks/tips/setup pointers you guys have for these machines, primarily as a highbanker, but also as a dredge.
Only 5' of snow left at the claim 8-) !

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last year bought half interest in a claim. My partner had a heart attack & decided he wont be able to do much so he sold me the other half.
There is dredgable creek on the claim, but my primary interest at this point is highbanking the benches.
Yesterday I made the mistake of stopping in Alaska Mining & diving's new mining products only showroom and left with a complete new Keene 3" highbanker/dredge combo unit. Huge upgrade from my old A-52 sluice with a 30yr old keene add on hopper and small honda trash pump.
I had looked at a lot of videos & reviews on the Keene 3" before I bought, but wondering if there are any specific mods/tricks/tips/setup pointers you guys have for these machines, primarily as a highbanker, but also as a dredge.
Only 5' of snow left at the claim 8-) !
Good times be coming!
Good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread