Suggesting a Location Other than the Money Pit

sasquash

Nov 2, 2016
North of Quebec
Detector(s) used
Computers
Primary Interest:
Other
If you consider how long ago this vault was supposed created and the amount of "treasure" it was supposedly hiding, it seems that instead of digging for the vault, we should be looking for the entrance.

If the Halpern Map is authentic, it offers logical clues.
Plus, the Halpern Map, written in French, was poorly translated.
On the bottom left of the map - it states "The Oak, enter here"
When overlayed with a real map, it seems that this is the money pit area. If you recall how the legend was started, some guys started digging at the base of an oak tree.
So it makes sense that the money pit isn't where the treasure is - it's where the entrance to the tunnels were. So digging here will not reveal any treasure.

Now if you look north of the swamp - you'll see that something is indicated as "La Voute en bas de Terre."
The English version translates this as "the Earth Vaulted Bay" (which makes no sense) -- when in actuality the translation should be "The vault under ground." This is literally suggesting where the vault is.
So if you're digging 100 feet + for the vault (and not the entrance or tunnel) - you should be looking not where the money pit is - but where the vault is said to be located.

And if you consider the cobblestone roads and oxen shoes found - whatever they were putting in the vault would probably have been heavy and put on carts -- meaning that you would have wanted to have a gradual decline (less than 13 degrees). Which if you calculated this starting at the money pit - would take you to somewhere at the top of lot 28/29 as the map indicates.

The legend states that the 3 who dug and found treasure did so at night and with hand shovels.
How possible is that - to go 100+ feet underground? Not likely. But what's more likely is that they dug to uncover the entrance.

If all roads lead to the money pit - it makes sense that the money pit area is where the "opening" to the vault was - not where the vault was.

To find the vault - I think they need to dig elsewhere.

Including photos from show.
Any thoughts?
The "map" was a bad translation from english to french to look old, it a fraud 🤥

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Zena Halpern’s map is yet another hoaxer’s work of fiction.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 1347 Map of Zena Halpern's is authentic or at least it is a copy of an authentic map. I have two other maps one made by Antonio Zeno in 1395AD and it has the same location for the treasure. This map has been carbon-dated to 1397AD. I also have another map drawn in 1766 and it has the same location for the treasure. It is a Knights Templar Treasure and it was buried by Prince Henry Sinclair's father or grandfather. I have a total of 17 other shiploads of treasure buried by the Knights Templar with an "X" marking the location. And as for you skeptics go ahead and refute all you want as it will do you no good as far as I am concerned. I plan on recovering some of these treasures soon.

BennyV

Feb 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 1347 Map of Zena Halpern's is authentic or at least it is a copy of an authentic map. I have two other maps one made by Antonio Zeno in 1395AD and it has the same location for the treasure. This map has been carbon-dated to 1397AD. I also have another map drawn in 1766 and it has the same location for the treasure. It is a Knights Templar Treasure and it was buried by Prince Henry Sinclair's father or grandfather. I have a total of 17 other shiploads of treasure buried by the Knights Templar with an "X" marking the location. And as for you skeptics go ahead and refute all you want as it will do you no good as far as I am concerned. I plan on recovering some of these treasures soon.
Where are these other treasures located? Specifically what countries. I’m just curious.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Franklin: The bottom line is that you have claimed to have found many treasures, yet you have never been able to produce one shred of evidence that you did.

Until then, just like the laginas and hoax island, its all fiction.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are all on this side of the Atlantic Ocean. Mostly in Canada but some in the USA.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pretty obvious after the 28 different groups/attempts that if there is or ever was a treasure it is not on Oak Island. At this point of all of North America this bit of land is most likely to be ruled out as a location where anything of value is hidden. Move on.

First, someone should define just what treasure they are looking for. It's not like there are such things just randomly buried all over.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And of all those 28 groups not one of either has had a real treasure hunter as part of their group. All of them have been digging on the East end of Oak Island all the while the treasure maps clearly show the treasure is buried West of the Swamp. They have been digging in the same location called the "Money Pit" for the past 227 years. And yes Charlie P. (NY) you would be correct about there being no treasure at least in that area. If there is ever a treasure found in that area it would be buried by the French. But since the 1347 Map of Zena Halpern reveals that as the entrance then the treasure would not be French but it would be the Knights Templar from Scotland.

BennyV

Feb 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And of all those 28 groups not one of either has had a real treasure hunter as part of their group. All of them have been digging on the East end of Oak Island all the while the treasure maps clearly show the treasure is buried West of the Swamp. They have been digging in the same location called the "Money Pit" for the past 227 years. And yes Charlie P. (NY) you would be correct about there being no treasure at least in that area. If there is ever a treasure found in that area it would be buried by the French. But since the 1347 Map of Zena Halpern reveals that as the entrance then the treasure would not be French but it would be the Knights Templar from Scotland.
What kind of treasure is it?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mostly chest of gold coins, chest of silver coins, church relics and maybe a lot of scrap gold. All dating before the 14th Century.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As empty a claim as an empty bucket.
images-6.jpeg

Proof is in the shiney stuff. And I don't mean Shinola

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The shiny stuff is being ordered up as we speak. Time for the journey to get under way again. I got way laid in Kentucky with my pick-up getting totaled by a hit and run driver. As soon as I get back on line, maybe this Winter but definitely this Spring.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Franklin is a story teller in the same fictional mode as muir and many other fiction writers.

It get comical when their stories change over time and conflict with previous versions.

There’s quite a few story tellers here. Sometimes it’s a toss up between hoax island and the lost Dutchman’s mine tales as to which ones are more far fetched.

Last edited:

SSR

Sep 24, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It doesn't take someone who has at least a bit of an understanding of Masonic themes to deduce that the nature of the mystery is the same that has been represented in countless other stories in Western history. In all these mysteries we start off by not knowing the nature of what we are looking for and are working to some sort of understanding of what the nature of the mystery is by unraveling a trail of cryptic "clues" backwards. Those who know the stories know there's no answering the mystery in them. The point was not to arrive to a solution, but to send people "digging" into the background of the stories--who started them and what they were purporting to be about. The pattern of mystery/treasure stories we are dealing with is one that you can work back to the origins of speculative Freemasonry. It's called speculative for a reason. That part of it that was "accepted" came from the Royal Craft which put a premium importance to geometry for understanding. The Royal Craft is what operative Masonry (the old guild of Masons) accepted from the Spanish Kabbalists as an explanation for why arithmetic and geometry were so wonderful at solving real world problems. The operative Royal Craft Masons eventually rebranded when they faded into obscurity as other entities in RC, but the end result is that it made it into Freemasonry as the Royal Arch mythologies (HRA). As far as OI goes, we can recognize the influence of the Royal Arch narratives about a stone in a flooding and collapsing shaft 9 levels deep containing a vault which has sunk into the abyss. The ARC within, for what is worth, is the Antient Royal Craft, embodied in the proportions of the vault. The suggestion is not terribly old, since the whole things wasn't really a consistent narrative until 1742. The story did emigrate to Nova Scotia through the Royal Arch adherents in Erasmus' Philipps lodge of Antients which was housed within the 40th regiment of foot at Annapolis Royal. At the time of the surveying of OI in 1762, geometric detail evocative of the old stories was included in the geometric outlay that would be discernable later. There is nothing there but a reference to a mythology that is Hebraic (God's nature having aspects of geometry and number in it) and part of the cultural baggage of Freemasonry. You discovering at least that was always the goal. Searching for an answer is what is supposed to lead you to working up to an idea about the nature of that G which is in the compass and square. The searcher era is a cautionary tale of what can go wrong when you lose sight of the larger picture and start to take story details as literal. When Thomas Haliburton treated the OI story in his literature, he put emphasis on the fact some people would die in a shaft in Mahone Bay looking for something they could not even name. The entire thing was well understood in 1847 to be a Masonic suggestion with no basis in actual events. Everything that has followed is an example of how badly things can go when one is fixated on digging for gold on the "hill of lucre" which is next to the straight and narrow path, as John Bunyan put it.

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Masons are a bunch of tight-lipped prudes so I have no idea of what any of their tenents are. Screw them. Knowledge should be shared feely. That is how the Scientific Method works. Peer review of theories to see if they hold up. IMHO "Secret Knowledge" is afraid of peer review because it won't hold up.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The shiny stuff is being ordered up as we speak. Time for the journey to get under way again. I got way laid in Kentucky with my pick-up getting totaled by a hit and run driver. As soon as I get back on line, maybe this Winter but definitely this Spring.
You have posted the same comments for many years, yet nothing is ever produced.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
”authentic” or “at least it is a copy”…….nebulous statements at best.

The templars nor sinclair ever made it across the Atlantic.

Your story continues to change along with the details each time you tell it.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are looking for satisfaction on a public forum, you will always be disappointed. Even if I found tons of gold you will never get to see it. So quit barking up the wrong tree.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread