Suggestions on where to find a coil for a Mojave?

GeoW

Jul 12, 2005
Coastal Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II, XP Deus, XP ORX, Nautilus DMCllBa, Troy X5 Shadow, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Outlaw
Any 5 pin Tesoro coil will work.

jmaryt

Feb 6, 2007
believe it or not, people with "tons" of experience using tesoros
indicate that the 7" precision coil the mojave come with IS the best coil for it!
i have the mojave,and have always used the 7 with terrific results

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Woodsy

Oct 26, 2018
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Outlaw, Mojave, Nox 800, E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree I had the Mojave and the stock 7" is probably the best you will get for that machine. I just recently purchased an Outlaw. I didn't bother with the other coils because something tells me that the best coil for this machine is the 8" donut that it comes on it. I am using bigger coils with my Tejon though. But it's just an experiment.

Esto Perpetua

Greenie
Feb 8, 2021
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 - Tesoro Bandido II Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few years back, jeez... 2/3 years ago I purchased a couple of Cors coils for my 5 pin Tesoro. At that time, they were on sale on Amazon.... but I haven't checked around lately (after Tesoro's untimley demise.) I'd imagine that the stock Tesoro ones are going to be hard to find, of course.

The Cors coils I have are DD, I don't think Cors/ NEL made a concentric version for the 5 pin Epsilon.

I have the stock 8" Donut on my Bandido II Umax, and a smaller (maybe a 6.5") concentric from Tesroro, plus the aftermarket units. I think that the OEM coils are superior, but the Cors DD's still have thier place until the old Bandido gives up the ghost on me.

Best of luck on your search coil search.

jmaryt

Feb 6, 2007
I agree I had the Mojave and the stock 7" is probably the best you will get for that machine. I just recently purchased an Outlaw. I didn't bother with the other coils because something tells me that the best coil for this machine is the 8" donut that it comes on it. I am using bigger coils with my Tejon though. But it's just an experiment.

ironically, after the Mojave was released, Tesoro started making the 7" precision coil available
as an "accessory" coil for other 5-pin Tesoros.in my view, this speaks volumes for the coil itself.
I believe the m.s.r.p. was $99.50.they are all "long gone" now! ..just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Last edited:

Woodsy

Oct 26, 2018
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Outlaw, Mojave, Nox 800, E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, they are disappearing fast. He will also have to keep in mind that any coil that he adds to the Mojave, even if it's the same kind, the machine will have to be re-ground balanced.

OP
OP
Bill - De

Bill - De

Dec 22, 2009
Delaware
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, Cibola
CZ-20, Sea Hunter II, Simplex,
Minelab Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to everyone for your replies and suggestions. No longer looking for a coil.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions