Summer in AK

Bu7615

Tenderfoot
Apr 23, 2021
Kasilof AK
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have read the forums on and off for a few years and finally joined. I am retired military and have decided to enjoy life and spend the summer in Ak. I have done a little gold prospecting in the North East and some in GA but looking to get some real experiences prospecting this summer. I will be near Kenai for a few months starting mid may and who knows after that. I am fortunate to be in a position where I can afford to travel long term and Im eager to explore, learn and see all that this great country has to offer. As the weather changes I will head south but I have no set plans yet. Im looking forward to learning more about gold prospecting but Ilove to learn about everything that I can. If anyone in alaska or other places would like to give me some pointers it would be greatly appriciated. I like gold, who doesn't but interested in all sorts of activities.

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
... that’s the American Dream to me!
You earned it, thanks for your service.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Forum: Alaska for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your Summer Trip!

OP
OP
B

Bu7615

Tenderfoot
Apr 23, 2021
Kasilof AK
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Welcome to the forum from Port Allegheny,, Pennsylvania

Im a little north and east of you outside of Oneonta, NY so Ill be driving just north of you on 17/ "future"86, as long as I can remember they have been saying that someday it will be an interstate. Thank you for the welcome.

OP
OP
B

Bu7615

Tenderfoot
Apr 23, 2021
Kasilof AK
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
... that’s the American Dream to me!
You earned it, thanks for your service.

I have thought about this for a long time, I got to pan a few summers ago at one of the pay to play areas in AK. It was quite the treat going form the gold found in steams in the north east to finding gold in every pan. We will see where this takes me but Im counting the days until I head north.

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!
Jon from s/e Michigan 8-) :cat::occasion14: :headbang:

OP
OP
B

Bu7615

Tenderfoot
Apr 23, 2021
Kasilof AK
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks, I visit a friend a little north of detroit often, we have been trying to plan a trip north to do some beach prospecting.

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You've found a great place for information and fellow treasure hunters of all kinds -- welcome aboard! :occasion14:

claypile

Mar 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome! Glad to have you and I salute you for your service to the country. Thank you!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to tnet from MI .....Tommy

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Treasurenet and GOOD LUCK !!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread