Sunday evening hunt...3 generations sort of

eastTNJoe

Mar 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went for an outing yesterday afternoon. We had just an hour to play...my father fished, I hunted and my daughter threw rocks in the water. Dad is locked into fishing nowadays, and she doesn't quite appreciate looking yet, but I was happy she tagged along. Maybe in a few years she will be hunting and finding like hbrown22!

Anyways..found a tip in a "tidal pool".

20131013_163033.jpg

and what I thought was just a broken piece...pretty sad that I had to rotate it a few times in my hand before I recognized the design. I'm thinking it is a Brewerton Side-notched.

20131013_191630.jpg

Upvote 0
Apr 11, 2013
Wyoming Valley. PA
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and Coinmaster GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure from the angle but if it is a point i'd say it isn't a brewerton. it looks like it was resharpened all the way down to the handle or shaft then probably tossed.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure Joe is the base snapped off. A little tighter in on the side and it would be a pentagon a umm jacks reef? Sorry brain fart. I might be wrong. What does the base say that will tell everything. Going to Kayak a creek out near Chickamauga tomorrow to a flooded island. Maybe covered in silt. Taking diving gear and a gopro and under water detector and see what happens. Might need a chain saw to get there from the debri.
Catch you soon!

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always good to get out with family.

OP
OP
eastTNJoe

eastTNJoe

Mar 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It may not be a Brewerton, but it is definitely not just a broken piece of flint. It actually is one of the sharpest points I have found with a needle tip. I took some more pics from different angles and in more natural light. What do you all think? 20131015_185807.jpg 20131015_185620.jpg 20131015_185537.jpg 20131015_185544.jpg

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it has been resharpened to the last bit. I find allot of them like that. They seem to make it through the plow better when they are nubs.

OP
OP
eastTNJoe

eastTNJoe

Mar 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it has been resharpened to the last bit. I find allot of them like that. They seem to make it through the plow better when they are nubs.

you may be right WyomingVR and Rock...although the plow never met this one...found by the river!

hbrown22

Jul 23, 2013
north Middle Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep, you'll wonder where the time went! Normally she would look for a few minutes then throw rocks or play in the water. She found the one Sunday fairly quick and she stayed with it the entire time we hunted. Even wanted us to move logs so she could look under them. Everything we have done in the past she was mimicking, so she had been taking it all in as she played. It's gonna be a competition now. We already do it with Indian beads, now it's artifacts :)

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, you'll wonder where the time went! Normally she would look for a few minutes then throw rocks or play in the water. She found the one Sunday fairly quick and she stayed with it the entire time we hunted. Even wanted us to move logs so she could look under them. Everything we have done in the past she was mimicking, so she had been taking it all in as she played. It's gonna be a competition now. We already do it with Indian beads, now it's artifacts :)

Are you related to Joe?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread