Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
jeff of pa said:
I'm Guessing 1960's Which is almost as old as me. ;D

Which makes it Antique too :P
Go easy on yourself there, Jeff! :)
That is a sad looking book, no doubt. If the pages fell out of the binding, it was probably a hot glue binding, cheaper to produce. Maybe a self-published issue for local bookstores, antique shops, that kind of thing? Did any of the pages have a publisher's mark or copyright date on them?

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not yet af,
Not much of it is in order

It was in a box of Junk at an Auction. I saw the Book
& bought the Box for "a Buck"

it's just called buried treasure guide

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
jeff of pa said:
Not yet af,

I wish we had nice auctions like you have back east..... :(

My father's whole family is from Delaware and Pennsylvania, and whenever we go back to visit I always try to get to an auction of two. The stuff there always seems more interesting and older. Maybe it's "the grass is always greener" mentality, but that's just the way it seems.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the ones Where everyone is Tighter with their money then I am.

;)

Fozzy

Dec 11, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX and Classic III
I found this after a Yahoo search...

45 F.Supp. 171

In re WIPFLER et al.

No. 1883.

District Court, D. Massachusetts.

April 29, 1942.

Page 172

Proceeding in the matter of Richard H. Wipfler and others, deceased seamen, upon petitions filed by Daniel H. Coakley, Jr., as Public Administrator of the estates of decedents, requesting that wages and proceeds of personal effects of the deceased seamen deposited with the District Court of the United States for the District of Massachusetts be turned over to petitioner. Administrators appointed in the respective states where decedents were domiciled seek similar relief.

Petitions of Public Administrator denied, and deposits directed paid to domiciliary administrators.

Daniel H. Coakley, pro se.

SWEENEY, District Judge.

On December 10, 1941, the M. S. Oregon foundered off Nantucket Shoals resulting in the loss of a number of her crew. The wages and personal effects of the lost seamen have been deposited with this court in accordance with the provisions of 46 U.S.C.A. § 621 et seq. The petitioner, Daniel H. Coakley, Jr., has been appointed by the Probate Court of Suffolk County, Massachusetts, as the Public Administrator of the estates of five of these deceased seamen whose names, state of residence, and respective deposits in the registry of the court are as follows: Richard H. Wipfler of New Jersey, $462.93; Charles F. Cook of Pennsylvania, $599.74; Emil A. Hefty of the State of Washington, $731.54; Whitney Morris, Jr., of the State of Washington, $409.27; Howard L. Grader of the State of Washington, $444.08.

Nick in NEPA

Dec 28, 2006
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
af1733 said:
jeff of pa said:
Not yet af,

I wish we had nice auctions like you have back east..... :(

My father's whole family is from Delaware and Pennsylvania, and whenever we go back to visit I always try to get to an auction of two. The stuff there always seems more interesting and older. Maybe it's "the grass is always greener" mentality, but that's just the way it seems.
Then there's us in the East who are up to our balls in snow.

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Theirs alot of different stuff out their. But everyone is going for the big sure loads. Whats alot of priceless worth on the side until a wreck shows up? Their are only so many people doing this. Big Money!! They need to down size to small boats that run for cheep and moe everything!!!! Big boats cost if you make a mistake. Small boats searching and big boats recovering. Boats that wrecked their in boston hit something shallow. Just take skiff and trailer and go look. Big boat would cost to look and deal with shallow areas. The ocean is the furture. Even new medical cures are coming from our oceans. Get people together from all over that know their area to help. Theirs also the mary ann and a unidenified ship carring 7 million in gold and silver coins that sank around monomoy.

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Theirs stuff their. 2nd biggest Whaling fleet in the world. You should be finding some old stuff their. Nice!!I remember a story of a cannon that fell into the water their. Think it was s.w. corner of island I think. It was full of goodies, coins etc. Plus a pond on the island was suppose to have buried treasure. Have to look all this it up to really find out right info. I think they changed the ponds name. But theirs stuff all around their. Even no mans land has treasure??? Who knows. But alot of stories. 10,000 ships a day traveled around their every year. You might run into fossils also. You want this book. [United states treasure atles -vol # 5. 10 volumes in all I think. Each has like 6 states in them with real treasure stories. It has a map of the cape and islands in it with numbered treasure stories. Theirs is alot of interesting stuff in their about the islands. Have fun.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread