super bee headphones

Silver Fox

Dec 8, 2007
New York City, USA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
jfx55 said:
hi all question? are these headphones (super bee brand) any good? and will they work well on older whites machine 6000 di pro model or 5900 di pro plus? ???
This is one of those misconceptions that really bugs me! ANY headphone will work with ANY detector, or whatever, as long as it has a headphone jack and you have a plug that will fit that jack! If the headphone has special electronic circuity, such as an amplifier, that amplifier is the only thing that separates that headphone from a regular, non-amp headphone. Some headphones are efficient in that they will magnify a low signal without cranking up the volume control, if the detector is equipped with one. Some headphones are inefficient which means that they won't amplify the detector's signal THAT much and may just be a weight on your head/ears. More and more detectors don't feature a volume control so their volume is fixed and may not provide a loud enough signal to satisfy so headphones with amps, or a separate (outboard) amp, may be a benefit. Some headphones are just plain, ol' vanila-type headphones but if they're given fancy names, gullible buyers will gladly pay more for them. A good brand-name (SONY, GRADO, COBY, etc.) pair of stereo headphones will do just fine for almost any detector.

Me, I'm an earbuds type of detectorist. Nice, light, and sufficiently efficient. I also sometimes use headphones without the headstrap, they just fit around the ear. But there is very little difference, soundwise, between the two. Some detectorists will say that those heavy, sweat-inducing, ear-covering heaphones are the best because you can hear those soft signals. Well, maybe they do come in handy in some situations for such as really deep targets but for me, general park detecting in the middle of a large city, I don't need them.

Silver Fox

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread